Please help!!!

Jeffbel

Lol, I just imagined what my face would do if my rpms shot to 3k and stayed.
Pictures of the bay my dude, then we can help you out. I'm guessing vacuum is the problem

TegraTiger

She cain't breathe

From what I can see in the first pic, your intake manifold might have a crack in it and you're losing vacuum. Change out that stock manifold, take 2 aspirin, and call me later. And why are the pics so darn huge? Well, you're desperate, I understand. Do this: put the stock breather back on and tell us what it does then.

Your Teg should idle right around 750, BUT only after it's warmed up to normal operating temp (temp gauge needle between 1/4 & 1/2). When it's cold, it's normal to idle around 1100, just until she warms up, then the MAP will bring her down to 750. Should take around 5 minutes, maybe 10 on a really cold night. DON'T REV HER UNTIL SHE WARMS UP RIGHT. Let the computer do the driving until then. The reason is, these rice rocket motors are SUPPOSED to run hot to work right. Plus, the oil flows better when it's hot, THAT"S why you don't rev her when she's cold.

Got it?

Last edited:

TegraTiger

Mamma

What are stock intake manifolds made of? Cast iron or Aluminum? If Aluminum, explain those rust deposits. It's more than likely you just freaked a bit and thought there was a problem. We all do with our babies. :oops:

I'd check the MAP sensor and tuning. Make sure it idles right.

Mike61096

17 yr. old Integra Modder
From what I can see in the first pic, your intake manifold might have a crack in it and you're losing vacuum. Change out that stock manifold, take 2 aspirin, and call me later. And why are the pics so darn huge? Well, you're desperate, I understand. Do this: put the stock breather back on and tell us what it does then.

Your Teg should idle right around 750, BUT only after it's warmed up to normal operating temp (temp gauge needle between 1/4 & 1/2). When it's cold, it's normal to idle around 1100, just until she warms up, then the MAP will bring her down to 750. Should take around 5 minutes, maybe 10 on a really cold night. DON'T REV HER UNTIL SHE WARMS UP RIGHT. Let the computer do the driving until then. The reason is, these rice rocket motors are SUPPOSED to run hot to work right. Plus, the oil flows better when it's hot, THAT"S why you don't rev her when she's cold.

Got it?
My intake manifold isn't cracked, I don't know where you see that. As for the RPM's, what you send it should do is exactly what the car does. In my cold garage before the car warms up, it idles around 1100 and progressively goes down. So I think the new CAI is working fine now, it's just the first time I went to start my car, the engine and throttle were overwhelmed with the high volume of air going into them.

The Kev

Vtec? I have V-TAK! Son..
Any other modifications done? Have you checked out if your engine is running properly? NO leaks and such....

Mike61096

Any other modifications done? Have you checked out if your engine is running properly? NO leaks and such....
Engine was running fine. I haven't taken it for a drive since I put the new CAI in yet, cus I still need to put my bumper back on

Mike61096

So i took her for a test drive, and all went well. I think the ECU just needed some time to adjust.

djzachtyler

Looking for my next Teg..
yea was watching your thread on g2ic... Idle re-learn is a must when making changes that affect A/F ratio as the CAI allows more air.

Glad ya got it sorted tho :)

Mike61096

What are stock intake manifolds made of? Cast iron or Aluminum? If Aluminum, explain those rust deposits. It's more than likely you just freaked a bit and thought there was a problem. We all do with our babies. :oops:

I'd check the MAP sensor and tuning. Make sure it idles right.
Just thought I'd get back to you...that's not rust, it's mouse $h1T