Pls hlp clb teg! ac not working

sylvaner01

I had my timing belt changed 2000KM ago, allong with every single belt in my car.
I just came back from a road trip and my AC was working perfectly, everything was fine!
Today it was extremely hot, I needed to drive but not to worry, my trusty teg is always cooler inside then my house!8)
but as I turned my ac on it started making a slipping sound, I waited 5 mins and nothing!

I turned around and went home and noticed the belt was very very loose, i'm surprised I didnt loose it!

I cant seem to find a way to give the belt tension, is there a pully system like the timing belt has?
Any advice would be awesome! thanks

leftyfork

There is a tensioner It is easier to see with your power steering pump out of the way , but essentially, one 14 or 15mm bolt holds the tensioner tight against the engine block. There is a 12mm bolt that screws straight up and down, screw it in to lift the tensioner and tighten the belt, after you have released the tensioner with the 15mm bolt.

mirrorimg

Slipping noise is the clutch in the compressor engaging and having too much resistance for the tautness of the belt.

Tighten her up.

sylvaner01

I've found the bolt that needs to be screwed on tighter but I cant get to it, the belt is in the way, anybody got any clue how to get to this spot? i've tried many tools but cant get the angle

sylvaner01

There is a tensioner It is easier to see with your power steering pump out of the way , but essentially, one 14 or 15mm bolt holds the tensioner tight against the engine block. There is a 12mm bolt that screws straight up and down, screw it in to lift the tensioner and tighten the belt, after you have released the tensioner with the 15mm bolt.
YAYYYYY!!!!!!!!!!!! fixed it, thanks heaps mate.
All I did to fix it was tighten the bolt to raise the tentioner up, its a 10MM bold =D
Thanks for the help, now I can enjoy the cool air!!!