Plug n Play vs retro fitting

94rs-gharp

okay so Ive looked at a few threads on HT and here and I see the difference between the two styles its better to retro fit...now my question is I see alot of a TSX retro fits done to different cars (neon, Altima) what is the TSX and as well On my 96 civic coupe what would i need to do to retro fit and install HIDs for my civic where it has the 1 bulb thats dual for hi-low?

jbrown97ls

Retrofitting HIDs is not cheap. Be ready to spend upwards of $750.

Google - "the retrofit source"

Contact them and they will be able to answer your questions. I'd reccomend just paying someone to do it rather than trying it yourself. I remember someone saying it only cost an extra $200 or so having them do it. Completely worth it in my opinion.

Also:There are also other places that offer retrofitting services. The retrofit source was just the first that came to mind.

Last edited:

johnnymass

You're looking for a bi xenon projector, like the fx-r from TRS.

IIRC tsx is just the low beam projector.

And retrofitting can be done for MUCH less than 750, but really it comes down to what products you use. Phillips bulbs, s2k projectors, matsushita ballasts and then labor for someone to build then could easily be almost 1k, but there are many good quality, lower cost products that work perfect.

And 200$ is more than I charge to build a set, but it always depends on what exactly the customer wants. Obviously an intricate build with lots of custom work will be more expensive, but for the civic I wouldn't pay more than 100-150.

You could also just build them yourself. Look thru hidplanet.com to get an idea