Plugging up the hose on the secondary butterfly mod.

SMACKABEEZY

F0E D0E M0 H0ES
So I heard taking the hose off on the secondary butterfly thingy on the intake manifold gives you more throttle response and power. any feedbacks on this?

SMACKABEEZY

F0E D0E M0 H0ES
Ive looked on google and ht they said you will lose low end. But idk my car felt like its more responsive on the throttle and less rpm drops when shifting.

Samurai_Blue

Yolo Whippin'
you lose low end power. A lot of it. Its the same as having an ITR manifold on a stock gsr with stock p72, VTEC feels really gutless until where ever the butterflies open i think around 5500ish, after that it feels like it has power. Didnt like running the gsr ecu when i was troubleshooting my car after the rebuild

SMACKABEEZY

F0E D0E M0 H0ES
you lose low end power. A lot of it. Its the same as having an ITR manifold on a stock gsr with stock p72, VTEC feels really gutless until where ever the butterflies open i think around 5500ish, after that it feels like it has power. Didnt like running the gsr ecu when i was troubleshooting my car after the rebuild
So i s this "free mod" any good?

Samurai_Blue

Yolo Whippin'
i would say no with stock cams etc. You lose a lot of bottom end power especially in vtec. You could do a quarter mile test and see the difference.

Samurai_Blue

Yolo Whippin'
any cam you need a dyno tune on or does not retain a stock idle lobe is illegal in CA. Actually any modification to any part of your motor is illegal unless it contains a CARB EO number. Thats what my work place would say (CARB)

endo617

Rattle Can Technician
my friends would remove the whole butterfly all together and just get shorter bolt to connect the halves, they claimed more power and it was more reliable instead of worrying if the butterfly opens properly or not