PO505 and PO420

Ghettokracker71

LS/Vturd
Scanned codes at work (w00t) coworkers are convinced that its the TPS sensor,...

PO505-Idle system malfunction

PO420-Catalyst effiency below threshold(bank 1)

(Besides I did the exact same thing that my coworker w/a b16 CRX did to his,...says he had the same codes,did a BLOX TPS fixed it)

Last edited:

red98teg

Keep on Truckin
idle system may be with the throttle body, dunno about that.
but the catalyst below threshold means your cats probbly bad...not to big of a deal unless you gotta pass emisions.

yunwawa

sounds like you need to check the throttle cable location, also if it's sticking. That's what happened with a mazda I owned. As for the cat, that means there's a leak in the exhaust system somewhere, bad cat, or the most expensive option being faulty reading from your first o2 sensor or the second. But you can tell for sure if when the car is parked and you rev the car all the way. Do that three to five times and if you smell something that resembles the smell of someone tarring a roof, you need a new cat..

Ghettokracker71

LS/Vturd
Well I'm pretty sure the 02 sensor/cat code is if my TPS is bad,....She'll be runnin really rich,wich could throw the second code---parts so cheap,I bought it anyway,...so wish me luck:D

And if the cats bad,...I'll just gut it or test pipe,...emissions ftl, I don't have to do that bullshit.

Spody02

Name: Cody
i have that code on my car right now
PO420
its normally the cat or one of the 02 sensors
i toke mine to a shop and they said its my cat
then i had another shop look and they said my cat was fine
so i dont know

8urcivic

ONLY couches pull out!!!!
i have that code on my car right now
PO420
its normally the cat or one of the 02 sensors
i toke mine to a shop and they said its my cat
then i had another shop look and they said my cat was fine
so i dont know

pull out the 02 sensor....clean it.........put it back in.......clear the code.

i have the same one.

Ghettokracker71

LS/Vturd
Cleared the code,....running ALOT better lol. Starting with TPS sensor (dirt cheap,doing it at work)