Polishing these wheels.. Tips, what polisher, steps

whatevrthefrag

Ok just got a deal on these gsr fat 5's. They are in real good condition for what i bought them for. although before getting myself in a rush i would like to polish the fuck out of these and make them looking good as possible before i throw in a new clean set of tires..(still havnt found what tires i wanted yet, thinking falken ziex but lmk any suggestions), and was wondering im not going to paint these but what steps should i take to polish them or make nice..not into sanding them down cause im not painting them and i would think sanding them would scratch up.

** i dont know why the fuck everytime i want to add a picture on my post if show a error x box but here are 3 pics of the 5's. very minor damage only 1 rim has mild rash and others are just little tiny bitch dents
if someone could put up the pics on your post very appretiated.
http://www.flickr.com/photos/audfbvuadfhfvnp/5522132848/
http://www.flickr.com/photos/audfbvuadfhfvnp/5521543135/
http://www.flickr.com/photos/audfbvuadfhfvnp/5521542949/

Also any polisher brands and cleaning brands would be apretiated if said.
and if you are expierienced with doing your rims let me know what you did!!
-next thread is about what tires i should get and size

rexpepper123

mothers rim shine stuff works pretty good. best would be wet sand an then buff them with some good buffing stuffs

myxintegra

Extreme Music Addict
wet-sanding is highly not recommended if you're not a professional, because you can easily cause a lot of scratches to buff things out. the significance of it being wet is that it won't cause any severe damage to the metal, or severe scratches that just sanding it down with some grit sandpaper will do easily.

Integraguy04

CORNER CARVER
i did mine...i used like 200 grit with a battery powered sander to get all the corrosion off, then i used 500, 800, and 1200 grit sandpaper wet sanding it by hand and then used a polish with a mother's ball...i have some pics in my thread

whatevrthefrag

Alright coo, since i have none of these suplies im going to have to take a trip to Wal-mart:???:
any as far as all the sandpaper types.. i could just easily find those at autozone or walmart to right..?

myxintegra

Extreme Music Addict
I'd say go to home depot... Autozone would not have THAT fine of sandpaper. I doubt walmart would either... you need to go to a hardware store for that kind of stuff

XslickwhitetegX

UKDM EXPERT
I'd say go to home depot... Autozone would not have THAT fine of sandpaper. I doubt walmart would either... you need to go to a hardware store for that kind of stuff
When I was buying my sandpaper my home depot only sold no higher than 800grit I went to autozone and they had up to 1500.

whatevrthefrag

yeah on my 2nd wheels around the middle theres marks that are spotted looking and looks like the metals dry but if i add any liquid on it it looks fine but when dries its spotted:angryfire