Poll: GSR...RSX-S...or SRT-4

What do you think i should do??

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

imcnblu

Resident G2 Guru of C-I
truth of the matter, the SRT-4 isnt a terribly bad car. BUT it is A DODGE, and it won't last anywhere near as long as a honda will (unless you spend ALOT of money doing LOTS of upkeep and maintanence)
They can be fast, this has been proven. my buddy (we all call him) Munchie has an SRT-4 that can run with 03-04 Cobra's with mild bolt-ons. other than that, they don't have much going for them, they are very plain looking, borderline ugly, and i agree very whole-heartedly with the fact that they sound absolutely terrible. engine doesn't sound bad, but the exhaust is just rediculous. sounds like someone with runny diarreah.

Boosted GS-R's have their ups and downs, if done right, THEY CAN be reliable and at the same time, be VERY powerful. i've seen daily driven 11 second gs-r's that have been like that for 4 or 5 years now. its just a matter of how much loot you are willing to spend.

next on the RSX-S discussion, in my opinion, i'd say go with this. as this is still a new car and ALOT of the stuff available for it is still covered by some new car warranties. especially if you get one brand new. aftermarket stuff will kind of rape you for your money, but OEM replacement stuff will be free or really cheap for a while. so its a pretty equal trade-off. and yes these bitches are VERY bolt-on friendly due to the very restrictive equipment honda gave them from the factory. in an Import Tuner article from 2 or 3 years ago, a prototype AEM cold-air intake made a genuine 20whp. and should also be noted, that my buddy steve has an 04 RSX-S and when he installed an Injen CAI, DC Header, and i THINK it was an RSR exhaust, he made a little north of 35whp (this was with good tune as well, he didn't just bolt em on and go)

its all a matter of personal preference.
I say avoid at all costs, the srt-4. and if you have money to buy an rsx-s (esp 05-06) then you've probably got enough money to safely and properly build and boost your gs-r. thats my two cents. boosted GS-R > stock Type S any day of the week. i love DC5's but a stock DC5 could NEVER hold a candle to a boosted gs-r.

speedy2000ls

i traded in my 2000 boosted teg for a 06 rsx type s . dont get me wrong i miss the teg but i love the hell out of my type s

XSI_DA_IN_TN

Really.? I got a quote to add an 06 Type S. Insurance company said that vehicles are rated from 1 to 25. 1 being lowest. 25 being highest. 06 RSX Type S was a 24 out of 25. Full coverage on my harley, da, and what was going to be a Type S, was more than I wanted to spend at the time.

g3teg97

Super Moderator
hondagod_666 said:
truth of the matter, the SRT-4 isnt a terribly bad car. BUT it is A DODGE, and it won't last anywhere near as long as a honda will (unless you spend ALOT of money doing LOTS of upkeep and maintanence)
They can be fast, this has been proven. my buddy (we all call him) Munchie has an SRT-4 that can run with 03-04 Cobra's with mild bolt-ons. other than that, they don't have much going for them, they are very plain looking, borderline ugly, and i agree very whole-heartedly with the fact that they sound absolutely terrible. engine doesn't sound bad, but the exhaust is just rediculous. sounds like someone with runny diarreah.

Boosted GS-R's have their ups and downs, if done right, THEY CAN be reliable and at the same time, be VERY powerful. i've seen daily driven 11 second gs-r's that have been like that for 4 or 5 years now. its just a matter of how much loot you are willing to spend.

next on the RSX-S discussion, in my opinion, i'd say go with this. as this is still a new car and ALOT of the stuff available for it is still covered by some new car warranties. especially if you get one brand new. aftermarket stuff will kind of rape you for your money, but OEM replacement stuff will be free or really cheap for a while. so its a pretty equal trade-off. and yes these bitches are VERY bolt-on friendly due to the very restrictive equipment honda gave them from the factory. in an Import Tuner article from 2 or 3 years ago, a prototype AEM cold-air intake made a genuine 20whp. and should also be noted, that my buddy steve has an 04 RSX-S and when he installed an Injen CAI, DC Header, and i THINK it was an RSR exhaust, he made a little north of 35whp (this was with good tune as well, he didn't just bolt em on and go)

its all a matter of personal preference.
I say avoid at all costs, the srt-4. and if you have money to buy an rsx-s (esp 05-06) then you've probably got enough money to safely and properly build and boost your gs-r. thats my two cents. boosted GS-R > stock Type S any day of the week. i love DC5's but a stock DC5 could NEVER hold a candle to a boosted gs-r.
Very well said.

g3teg97

Super Moderator
XSI_DA_IN_TN said:
05 or 06 Type S. Insurance might be a bitch.
Insurance quotes have a million varibles to determine the rates.

For example, insurance rated on my mom is really low, vs. me, it's incredibly high. That's just one of the many things insurance companies look at.

dc2GS-R

Super Moderator
the SRT4 is a great bang for the buck, no doubt about it. but i'm not much for their basic macphereson strut suspension instead of unequal length dual control arms though. they also have very little suspension travel so they are real rough when lowered and real hard on theit struts. the mopar factory upgrades are great with it being through dodge and what not and the fact that they also have a 7yr, 100k mile warranty is also nice. but the reliabilty is still very questionable compared to honda/acura standards. the 04's and up also came with a limited slip. but for a boosted engine they are not the bulletproof beasts such as the 4g63, sr20det and 3s-gte and also have questionable tranny strength. it has its ups and downs, but all in all, that car will be falling apart and everything rattling at 100k miles where an H/A will still be in its prime. they just feel cheap and fragile like every other neon

GSROWNSU

do you guys think it's still worth it to boost my gsr? it does have 100k on it and i know compared to some thats nothing but the rings are also starting to go out on it which i will for sure have to replace before i boost. Do you guys still think it's worth it? I suppose as long as i'm in there i might as well get forged pistons.

g3teg97

Super Moderator
I think it's all in how you build it.

I would just make the block strong with a rebuild before boost.

teggy2281

if i were you, i'd find a type r instead of a type s or get a subie. well i also have a subie and i love it.

dc2GS-R

Super Moderator
GSROWNSU said:
do you guys think it's still worth it to boost my gsr? it does have 100k on it and i know compared to some thats nothing but the rings are also starting to go out on it which i will for sure have to replace before i boost. Do you guys still think it's worth it? I suppose as long as i'm in there i might as well get forged pistons.
if you do decide to build and boost it then there is no reason not to go with forged internals. at the very least get forged low compression (9:1 is great for mild boost) and get some sort of block guard or something to support those free standing, open deck cylinder walls.