Poor Gas Mileage ???

Knice

Live & Die by Integras
I've noticed poor gas mileage on my 94 LS (auto). What are some things that will cause poor gas mileage that I can replaced to improve it?

72Spitfire

Change sparkplugs, rotor cap and button, ignition coil, plug wires. Change all fluids. This should fix it.

leonardo campos

i agrrie with 72 spitfire
try changing new fuel pump i heard with that and a tune it gets some good mods

anyways i have a 98 db8 and i heard if you turn your heater on it would waste more gas ?

Ganyon

Dang. How'd you get so much on one tank?^^^ the best I've gotten on a tank is 229 miles.

JGvtec

Do you take quick starts often?
There are multiple things that can cause you to get poor gas mileage, having a led foot wont help :lol:

Some things to think about:

Not having correct inflated tire pressure
Dirty air filter
If you need a tune up done
Bad o2 sensor
Using your a/c a lot
Stop and go traffic you wont get the best mpg either

camopaint0707

Dang. How'd you get so much on one tank?^^^ the best I've gotten on a tank is 229 miles.
drive at 55 on the highway, never brake, anticipate redlights so I can coast then get back on the throttle without braking. Take corners harder and not brake and keep momentum. Slow down going up hill and speed up going downhill. I'm going for 500 on this tank. I have about a gallon left and I'm driving all highway miles tomorrow as well. I also have done some aero mods, have green-x tires, and the car has some random intake and manifold.

camopaint0707

oh yeah I don't use the hvac in the winter at all, not only does it suck anyway i just wear a jacket and eventually my own body heat keeps me warm