Poor man's security

Moose_Gumps

So I'm still in the process of saving up for my security setup, but in the meantime I was wondering if there's something I can pull out of my engine bay and take with me when I go places so people can't start my teg without having that peice I pulled.

But something that won't damage my car so if I accidentally get back and start it without putting it back in my motor wont blow or something lol.

any suggestions? I tried searching but failed.

90tegwhite

Keep Droolin' Im Spoolin'
why dont you just pull the ignition fuse?

ryanDC

if you have the factory keyless entry, you can take off your door panels and unhook the cables for the key

XxCaryxX

Installing a killswitch isn't expensive and nice to have from what I remember. Plenty of threads on the forum for those so you can get an idea.

Aussie

Zoom-Zoom
I would not want to remove an ecu all the time. Those wires get brittle and handling them alot is just asking for one to brake. Maybe you should try the club. Lol

Moose_Gumps

I would not want to remove an ecu all the time. Those wires get brittle and handling them alot is just asking for one to brake. Maybe you should try the club. Lol
Lol someone mentioned ignition fuse earlier will that work? that doest sound too fragile

Boxy

Easiest thing I can think of is pulling out a few fuses from the box under the dash. The car will not start (at least 3rd gens don't) without a fuse (blown or intact) in every place there should be. Pull out one 7.5, one 15, and one 30 to be safe. But remember where you took em from!