pop up lights on Integra

1stGeneration

1stGeneration
i have a 89 teg.... i cannot get the pop up lights to work. i can get them to go down no problem.. but I have to manually crank them to the UP position.. but they will not go up on their own.. The motors work to power the lights down... they just dont go up..
Any ideas??? i dont know where to look.

Last edited:

graveyardhippie

well, either the motors only work one way (unlikely) or your switch on ur column's bad. at least that would be my best guess. the FSM i posted for download may have a troubleshoot on it if you wanna check that out.

slikk

Money Getter
leave them up....

that what i did on my 91 Lude Si. had no worries after that.

OR

visit you local junk yard and rip out the mechanical section and swap them out in yours.

JDMxDB8

Raceline USA
I wonder if 1st gens have flush headlight converions like FCs or FDs. That would be sick!

1stGeneration

1stGeneration
the switch on the dash.. "button" doesnt do anything..
I have to manually crank them to get them in the UP position... then I can turn them off normally with the switch on the steering column.. I am going to see if I can find a replacement switch for the steering column.. I hope its an easy fix..Any more guesses would be appreciated...
I did think of just buying new motors.. BUT like i posted earlier... they still work to power the lights down.. If i have to buy new motors.. I will.. I just want to trouble shoot and replace the less expencive parts first..

side note... anyone know where I can buy a mugen wing? OR one that looks nice for my G1

graveyardhippie

anything mugen for these cars are very rare and expensive... again, ebay or craigslist may help you, check all over cali on craigslist, they ended up with more of those. on g1teg.org i think i saw a couple LS wings for sale, they're pretty nice and fit well.

1stGeneration

1stGeneration
SO had the day off today..... I played with the Integra ALL DAY... got all the missing screws in place and missing dash parts in. .I also got a new windshield installed..Old one was cracked.. Fixed the rear wiper, then it was to the muffler shop... I deleted the resonator.. there was a hole in the original one and the engine sounded like a lawn mower more than the beast i know she is..... I added an exhaust tip with dual outlet.. it looks real nice and sounds even better.... then it was off to TRY to fix the headlights,,
I played with the fuses and replaced a couple 30amp ones with some NEW ones then started playing with the switches.. RIGHT when i gave up... the lights went down!!!! im not sure what I did... maybe it was the HARSH turning on and off the lights and playing with the switch on the dash but I was able to get them to work.. Its intermittant though... After more troubleshooting I THINK its the swich on the dash.. NOT the steering column control... As of now theyre UP again... BUT i think i pretty much got it right... I wlll TRY to find a replacement switch for the dash control then I think its DONE... I will keep you guys posted... Im keeping my fingers crossed thats all it is...AFTER I fix the lights.. Im going to be lowering it and LOOKING for a wing... Im really starting to love this teg.. I hope she treats me right.

Last edited:

slikk

Money Getter
....I played with the fuses and replaced a couple 30amp ones with some NEW ones then started playing with the switches.. RIGHT when i gave up... the lights went down!!!! im not sure what I did... maybe it was the HARSH turning on and off the lights and playing with the switch on the dash but I was able to get them to work.. Its intermittant though....

sounds like a wiring problem

I miss hooptie love ..

mnlccl

I have an 89 RS and I had an issue with my rt side but it was missing the clip to the arm that moves the mech but your problem seems to me to be weak motors now because the law of gravity helps the lights come down but it requires more force to bring them up so i sugguest you find new motors or just pull them up when you need because those will be hard to find