Popping dents with hot than cold air? true?

j13

Keep It Clean
FALSE. if it was that easy, body shops and PDR experts would be out of business.

JGvtec

Its the same with the dry ice method. You sure can get the dents out but they will eventually re appear when the sun hits them.

rexpepper123

i once hit a snow bank and dented my bumper in pretty bad so couple days later i heated it with a heat gun and then pressed on the side that was pushed in and it came right out. also have done the same thing on a friends car who hit a pole in a parking lot very easy and freee!!

gooffeeman

actaually I've seen that done along time ago in the Phillipines...they used a C02 cartridge from a BB gun and a heat gun!! and it definatly works for metal! and its only done with small dents!

JGvtec

This one is better. Im sure ill try it on the Pontiac before i sell it :)

[YOUTUBE="."]ILVWPzO_swY[/YOUTUBE]

Leolo007

I read a little more about it. The science behind it is simple. The hot makes the metal expand and the quenching with cold makes it contract very fast.

Unfortunately the paint cant hand the extreme temperature changes and starts to crack and peel. So not exactly the best way to go about fixing dents.

I did see another tool which I am interested on getting my hands on since my paint is pristine but I have like 15 nickel and dime sized dents...

You can search pdr on youtube and see more.

rexpepper123

that video is funny. you can only do this with big dents like that one in the middle of the panel if its on a body line or is small like hail wont work. hail damage sucks but there is a thing called paintless dent removal where you use crazy tools to work the metal from the backside the shop i worked at used to do it. i wish i would of learned