Possible fan switch/temp sensor?

Sp7810

After changing the head gasket and all that because some overheating issue I still haven't figured it out. Temp gauge has always read normal but I'm not sure if it's actually working. New thermostat radiator cap coolant. Obviauly don't want to keep driving and do the same thing again ran a toggle switch and fan will come on. How would I go about narrowing this down? Any help would be appreciated

Sp7810

It started with a leaking radiator cap. Drove it about a month, ran great then realized it was getting hot. Fan never came on. Could it be a relay maybe? There was pressure after replacing Radiator cap. But fan still never came on. Check engine light comes on but always goes away when engine is cut off and back on. It nevers shows any code

imsimplee

i had the same problem, i got new radiator cap, new thermostat, and did a flush.

Sp7810

Alright I will try to do that. But why Would the temp gauge not show signs of overheating?

Alright I will try to do that. But why Would the temp gauge not show signs of overheating?
It should but with the age of our cars sometimes things don't work right.
I have an Autometer temp gauge with an inline temp sensor and I have watched it go from 170-210 and the gauge in the cluster didn't move. If you want accuracy you'll have to go aftermarket.

Sp7810

I appreciate all your help. Haven't had time to work on anything but I'll keep you posted.