Possible work on my suspension

PioneerLS

Hey so basically i'm getting tired of the body roll the stock teg has. I got my front sway connected and it definitely helped but it still rolls a decent amount. I scrape before my tires squeal and im not that low. My goal is to get this car more fun to drive on back roads, because I can't really keep up with my friends and I'd rather be driving than riding along!

Was wondering what rear sway would go with my function and form type 1's? Iirc you should use a sway bar that's in tune with your spring rates. Also, I have a front and rear strut bar but the chassis still feels loose. Would a sway bar and sub frame brace make it feel more stiff?

DCiFound

SEAHAWKS!!
You could get over steer with thicker rear swaybar, if your coilovers are super stiff. Thats probably what you heard.
Whats the specs on the coilovers and what kinda of front swaybar and fr/rr strut bar?

I suggest...ITR rear sway, end links(oemacuraparts dot com)and ASR subframe(jhpusa). That setup will keep up with the group

PioneerLS

You could get over steer with thicker rear swaybar, if your coilovers are super stiff. Thats probably what you heard.
Whats the specs on the coilovers and what kinda of front swaybar and fr/rr strut bar?

I suggest...ITR rear sway, end links(oemacuraparts dot com)and ASR subframe(jhpusa). That setup will keep up with the group
The group I should mention is an FA5, 240sx with coilovers and 205/45/16x8's, 2008 WRX, and S2000. Soooo that's a bold statement of you. Most of the backroads don't have enough straights for power to make as big of a difference as it should, mind you.

And no i actually did read that your sway bar needs to match your spring rates, idk if it's true though. What you stated is mostly common sense.

F: 10Kg R: 6kg spring rates. I have i think comptech rear strut and gsr oem front strut. Definitely felt stiffer but doesnt feel like shit compared to my friends 91 240. Also, someone recommended that i just buy a package deal thing off ebay, but on here i see people preach function7/asr as if they're the only brands that exist lol. Not sure what to think in terms of brands.

....Shit will end up being over 400 dollars lol. http://www.jhpusa.com/store/pc/viewPrd.asp?idproduct=3817

Nick_C78

Asr sway and subframe kit will work best for you. It is also adjustable to make it stiffer or softer depending on your wants. People recommend asr because it is good. However I actually use Asr subframe brace with the eibach 25mm 3 way adjustable rear sway and asr endlinks. The 25mm eibach rear sway is a monster though. Way stiffer than what you'll want.

DCiFound

SEAHAWKS!!
PioneerLS said:
My goal is to get this car more fun to drive on back roads, because I can't really keep up with my friends and I'd rather be driving than riding along!
this is what i was referring to, about keeping up.

PioneerLS said:
Would a sway bar and sub frame brace make it feel more stiff?
To answer this question. The answer is yes.

Now, for the setup i suggested, is the next step up from the stock LS rear swaybar. Any subframe should work, just be sure its made of good quality. It depends on your budget

Free shipping
http://www.jhpusa.com/store/pc/viewPrd.asp?idproduct=7021

Last edited:

PioneerLS

Hm. So you dont think my coils are too soft or maybe my camber is affecting it much? I just went backroading today and now that my mud flaps are cut i barely ever scrape unless there is a decent bump or a bump mid corner. I'd definitely say less body roll would make the handling a lot more inspiring. Also makes me not want to corner harder in fear of scraping my tire on my fender but with less body roll i wouldnt come close, considering i barely do now.

But basically, it's a decision between this or a 6sp paddle auto miata NC. I like verts. But that would be like an extra 5000 dollars instead of say 4-800 for better suspension on the teg. Just sucks coming out of a corner at 25 in third gear. or 35 in fourth. Feels bad to be in D3 and ride on higher rpms cause i feel like im just heating the trans up til it blows, cause i know its sensitive and slow. Not to mention the miata has a better interior (to me), the vert, rwd, faster, the way better tranny, stiffer chassis, designed 11 years after the teg lol.

Last edited: