Post a pic of your latest purchase.

Nick_C78

The ARP L19 head studs were around 350 plus tax and shipping. Those are the ones I happen to have. However now they have the custom age 625+ for like 325 plus tax and shipping. My guess is those are the ones he stumbled across.

R13

The other asshole
The guys over at ls1tech advise not to go with L19 studs unless you will be tearing the engine down regularly due to an issue called hydrogen embrittlement.

Might wanna look into that.

I'm assuming the ls1 is like the 350 in the way that the studs are exposed to coolant in the engine and that causes them to deteriorate and snap over time.

treeafodo

Austin
The guys over at ls1tech advise not to go with L19 studs unless you will be tearing the engine down regularly due to an issue called hydrogen embrittlement.

Might wanna look into that.

I'm assuming the ls1 is like the 350 in the way that the studs are exposed to coolant in the engine and that causes them to deteriorate and snap over time.

As far as I know the bolts/studs are exposed to the coolant. I've done a little bit of research so far, but still have a lot to do before I pull the trigger on parts. I do know that with the aluminum block studs are more desirable compared to bolts because it's easier on the threads in the block. I still need high compression forged Pistons and forged rods and lifters since I got a new cam. The bills never end. Lol

I also believe that ARP offers at least 3 different types of head studs for the LS1.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Aussie

Zoom-Zoom
Didn't know you were building it up too. All I have to say is a high comp ls1 in a miata is going to be bat shit nuts. You better put some sticky tires out back.

treeafodo

Austin
Didn't know you were building it up too. All I have to say is a high comp ls1 in a miata is going to be bat shit nuts. You better put some sticky tires out back.
Yeah, I'm going to take advantage of free machine work and build it up. It'll be a handful to say the least. :lol:

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk