potential?

HotHandz - No one here is making fun of you for not knowing anything. We actually are here to help.
Its the people who are giving you advice that is half cocked that we are making fun of.
Being un-informed is ok. Its part of the learning process, you have to start somewhere.
The problem is people who heard it from a friend, or think they know something that give advice that is the problem.
And for the record, as gay as the Fast and the Furious may have been, it was saved by Jordana Brewster's sexy ass being in it.

hothandzison

JORDANA BREWSTER? damn she was hot.. MIAAA!!! lolz..

fast and the furious was so dumb/ fake, but damn i thought that movie was coo.

Samurai_Blue

Yolo Whippin'
i think in the OP you said you wanted it to be smog legal, the route you are taking with the k20 will be a hastle to get it past smog and bar. K20A (the Type R motor from japan) will not pass bar or smog without stupid little things like rsx gas can etc. So looks like it wont be able to be a DD

Kuchtaboy

Unregistered User
depends where he's located too.. I don't know if he said that or not tho

TeggyBear_Ls

90 EF LS/V 95 DC4
Pontential? Oh yeah. I'm not so sure about the B18B1 though, unless you do a vtec conversion. But let's just say that Chris Rado pumped over 800hp out of a GSR motor for his drag Integra. Sound like enough potential for ya? :lol:

wite2nr

if you are shooting for sub 12's, I recommend going forced induction via a turbocharger.

staying N/A, just like on a domestic you are going to be looking at aftermarket:
intake, throttle body, intake manifold, cams (along with proper valvetrain - and try to stay away from Skunk2 valvetrain components), forged pistons (13:1 is not unheard of for daily driven cars, but most N/A i have seen that get driven on the street like to keep it around 12:1), rods, getting the block sleeved would be nice but not necessary ($$$), a quality header (hytech headers are very popular nowadays, but a traditional 4-1 header will suit you just fine) , and straight through larger diameter exhaust.

also, when you are dealing with small displacement honda motors making (comparatively) minimal numbers, weight is especially cruicial. removing power steering / any a/c components (anything that draws power from the motor), and stripping the interior will get you faster times. good luck, you found a great place to get information! i would have to say that the people on here are probably the nicest, however you will probably find better engine building info from a shop or other sites. unfortunately it is very hard to find reliable and accurate information in the world of honda forums.

wite2nr

i think in the OP you said you wanted it to be smog legal, the route you are taking with the k20 will be a hastle to get it past smog and bar. K20A (the Type R motor from japan) will not pass bar or smog without stupid little things like rsx gas can etc. So looks like it wont be able to be a DD
depending on where you live you can have a perfectly legal K powered civic/integra/etc. you are just screwed because you live in cali. now, on the otherhand, you can have legal RHD cars (registered as kit cars). If you are driving a JDM civic over here (or converted for that matter) than be prepared to have your car impounded.

a K powerplant with ITB's would be ideal for a high powered N/A engine, however if you want to stick with your current B18 motor, then i highly reccomend investing in a B16 or B18 VTEC head for the motor. just google "LS/VTEC" for more information. most people go with a B16 head because it has the same casting as an ITR (integra type r), however a GSR head works just great too.