Power steering delete??

99acteg

Ok so basically take the delivery and return on the rack and tie them together? I may try it this weekend. I don't parallel park very oftem, mostly drive to work. Straight roads, a few turns is all.

2kdb7

Yeah, that won't give you a very good idea of how it will be.
My belt broke on me when money was non-existent for a few days I enjoyed the feel unless I was parking. I was considering doing the loop but ended up selling it. I read that you have to swap out the fluid from time to time because it'll burn up. Is that true?

ixcocoyxi

RS owner
mines been looped for 4 years. never touched it once it was looped. no problems since.

Sent from my Glade Air Freshener using Tapatalk.

99acteg

Ok thanks im gonna loop the rack, also if anyone has a set of Axis Maglite wheels they wanna sell, 15x7 or 17x7 without tires text me at 936-676-7249, im on a mission to find a set of these wheels.

Samurai_Blue

Yolo Whippin'
you dont gain any real power, you dont lose much weight, it sucks when driving on the freeway because every crack will pull the wheel one way or another, it sucks to park. If you race, you will be tired.

Benefits of power steering delete: cleaner engine bay, less weight.

ixcocoyxi

RS owner
i mainly like the feel of no ps. the truck ive driven for years was a manual rack but the fatty tires made it a bit stiff to turn, but i got used to it.

Merlins Beard

*Beard not included
:( I'm still on the quest to get one. There is a guy down the street that has one. 1 owner white with original hardtop 130k upgraded with se LSD on some gold basket weave rims. He's asking 4k.
That sounds like a pretty good deal. Just the hardtop will be ~$1000 and the LSD is a nice touch. Also the white are hard to find with good paint for the early years (89-93) as the paint would like to just flake off.

you dont gain any real power, you dont lose much weight, it sucks when driving on the freeway because every crack will pull the wheel one way or another, it sucks to park. If you race, you will be tired.

Also power steering can sometimes lag behind the drivers steering. I prefer the no ps feel.

uhhkilleez

I've been curious about the ps delete too. Does it feel similar to when you're driving and turn the motor off but continue rolling in neutral, does it feel a little different?
How much of a difference does it make to loop the rack and how would I go about doing that?

Sent from my HTCONE using Tapatalk 2

ixcocoyxi

RS owner
I've been curious about the ps delete too. Does it feel similar to when you're driving and turn the motor off but continue rolling in neutral, does it feel a little different?
How much of a difference does it make to loop the rack and how would I go about doing that?

no. its still much easier because youre still pushing fluid thru a non-op pump.

theres different ways to loop it. all you got to do is search and find what you think youd like. i opted for the easist way with straight looping it. others added a reservoir and a breather for even easier turning.

uhhkilleez

Cool. It's not bad when you're rolling but parking or trying to turn from a stand still is a bitch haha. I'll have to try it some time this summer.

dlo253

Yeah, doing it for power and weight is a little silly. It doesn't free up too much power. I never have an issue with the car pulling either, then again.. I tend not to drive in/with the cracks lol. Parking is just like any other car, doesnt take long to get use to no PS. Then again, I suppose its all subjective really.