power steering removal

emd513

alright i have been driving for a couple of weeks with out my belt deciding if i want to remove my pump or not i have come to the conclusion the things gone. i know i need to remove the bracket bolts that go in the motor, the biggest thing i need help with is do i have to do something with my hoses and lines. the one that gos directly to the pump on top and leads off somewhere to the back of the motor is there some where im suppose to take it off back there or can i leave it for now unhooked. if not what do i have to buy to block off where ever its connected.

Slo_Teggy

Slow Driver
ya, you can remove most of those hoses and lines. You will need to re-direct some lines.

This MIGHT help. There are kits that you can look at and see what you need to buy though. They are all over-priced though

emd513

Why would I have to re locate some hoses. Can't I just take everything off n throw it away

Samurai_Blue

Yolo Whippin'
Why would I have to re locate some hoses. Can't I just take everything off n throw it away
the integra rack needs to be lubricated and have fresh fluid now and again. you can just delete it and run an epty rack...but it would fry. you can just take out the pumps and just run the lines from the rack to the lines from the resevior and that works. thats what i have

emd513

So all I have to do is cut the adapter plate off and hook it to my resevoir hose and I'm good to go

Samurai_Blue

Yolo Whippin'
yes or run a tube fitting which is probably better.
You basically remove the power steering pump and fit the lines together