Power window just broke

2kdb7

So I was driving home it started to rain went to roll my window up then it started to make a popping noise then went down instead if up for like 2 inches then a loud pop now nothing the glass just keeps sliding down. Any quick fix ideas so u can make it to work till next day off? I got the panel off and the plastic now I'm a little lost

ixcocoyxi

RS owner
im guessing the regulator broke if you could move the window by hand.

only way to fix is to get a new one on ebay.

justjdm

DB8 Whore
Most likely fell off the track. You gotta take your door panel off, molding by the window and there is a few bolts that hold onto the window brackets. After they are off and once you have control of the window, you gotta get it to sit back in the track. Once it's back in there, bolt it back into place. Happened to my civic once. Took a good hour to do. Good luck!

2kdb7

I'm assuming its the red box rite? I have a bad habbit of making things worse just wanna b sure

Sent from my Desire HD using Tapatalk

justjdm

DB8 Whore
I'm assuming its the red box rite? I have a bad habbit of making things worse just wanna b sure

The red box is your door lock relay. The motor is inside of the door skin.

2kdb7

Ya found that out real quick. I detached the cable so now I have control of the window about to throw some vicegrips on it and call it a day for now. I've been having a lot of issues with this door like the lock is really loose, its starting to rust, kinda sags a little no matter how much adjusting I do and now the window. Should I get another door or fix this one?

justjdm

DB8 Whore
Ya found that out real quick. I detached the cable so now I have control of the window about to throw some vicegrips on it and call it a day for now. I've been having a lot of issues with this door like the lock is really loose, its starting to rust, kinda sags a little no matter how much adjusting I do and now the window. Should I get another door or fix this one?

Just get a new door. I'm sure with some research you'll be able to find a decent working one. They usually go for about $50-$80 depending on condition.

2kdb7

Ya the only ones I can find are green or red lol

Merlins Beard

*Beard not included
You could always transfer the guts over to your door.
do this, on of my integras had a drivers side window that was stuck open about 3/4". found a door from a part-out for $100, swapped the motor/regulator, then sold the door with a broken motor for $40. the entire thing took me about 2 hours to do when i had little to no experience working on my cars.