Prelude issues? Help?

MyLittleTeg

Honda Enthusiast
Okay so Im helping a friend with her 98 prelude. Its an auto and has a list of things wrong with it.

Instrument cluster stopped working (all of it, will light up but no gauges. Connectors are good)

Won't shift past 2nd ( I got it to shift to 3rd one time my using the sequential shift. Have cleaned the shift solenoid with no luck.) Threw a p0700 ecu light. Reset it and it didn't throw one after i reset it but it still won't shift out

I have looked online and people had issues with the trans not shifting past 2nd but no actual answers about what fixed it.

94RS

No fucks given.
Isn't this the gaylude you were gonna trade straight up for? I thought the only thing wrong was no reverse...

MyLittleTeg

Honda Enthusiast
Why not do that "oh no big deal" trans swap boogie you were talking about?
Yup, and it has a lot more issues in the past week
Isn't this the gaylude you were gonna trade straight up for? I thought the only thing wrong was no reverse...
And its not my car and she just wants it to drive. Not dump money in it to 5 speed swap it. I posted it for help, if you don't want to help. Thats cool, but don't comment otherwise

94RS

No fucks given.
I'm guessing the response was misquoted :what:

xxBLOOD88SHOTxx

Surge Master
Yup, and it has a lot more issues in the past week

And its not my car and she just wants it to drive. Not dump money in it to 5 speed swap it. I posted it for help, if you don't want to help. Thats cool, but don't comment otherwise
I just thought all the issues it had were no big deal when you wanted to trade your car for it :what: