- Greddy 18g turbo
- Greddy type 24 intercooler
- Greddy type S Blow off valve
- AEM fuel rail
- AEM Fuel Pressure Regulator
- APEXI ws2 Catback Exhaust
- Skunk2 Testpipe.
- Skunk2 intake manifold

I am planning on doing the internals this summer (pistons..rods..rod bearings..etc.) I need other suggestions as to how i can obtain at least 16 lbs of boost out of this motor.

mjones73

Set a power goal, not a boost goal. Boost vs hp can vary depending on the size of the turbo. Unless you're sleeving it, I wouldn't push it over 300-350hp. And as everyone will tell you, the tune is the key to keeping your motor together. What are you using to tune the ECU? With the right software I think you can tune the VTEC engage point and get rid of that Apexi VTEC controller. I'd put some larger exhaust on it too, like 3 inch custom piping all the way back.

Last edited:

Integraguy04

CORNER CARVER
x2 on mjones opinion...also you need to look into a engine management asap. like s300 or neptune

as for the exhaust i would also look at something bigger and more free flowing...if you wanna keep the WS2 b/c of how quiet it is then so be it, but i bet on the dyno if you had it tuned on the WS2 and then on another exhaust like the skunk2 megapowerR you would prolly gain atleast 10whp

96GSRteg

Tyler
well if he is going to be making that much hp he will need to get a bigger exhaust.

hidenplanvew

Get the S300, Most tuners tune with that program and dont like to tune with other programs or dont have the rights to it or w/e. Maybe larger injectos like 780cc, its better to have more then not enuff.. pretty much what other people are saying what are your goals? When you get your pistons get some 9.5 to 10:1 compression pistions you will have better low end are great up top.. The extra compression acts like extra boost while running lower amounts of boost, just make sure you have a good tuner! Do you have easy access to E85 or higher then 91? Oh a while on fuel get a Walbro 255.... I would do a 3" exhaust too

Prozon

Kris
I don't know about 750cc injectors, but you will probably need bigger then 450's. It depends how much horsepower you want to make. But like Hidenplanvew said, it's probably best to have too big rather than too small of injectors. And as suggested go for a 3" exhaust.

BambinoGS

Anti-Ricer
I'd get some ARP head bolts while you're at it.

redrocket

Sleeved block, Pistons, Rods, 1000cc injectors, Hondata S300 with boost option. Also Preferably Valves, springs, retainers, and guides.

eighttoeighty

So basically from what I gather I'm supposed to measure the diameter of my exhaust and see if its @ least 3"..get the Hondata s300..do the internals..bigger injectors..and get a good tune? Thanks for the continued support people! I was looking at the pistons on this site..how do i know which ones to purchase? And does anyone know if I should replace the cams or the crankshaft in this engine or not? I am told I should leave both alone as the VTEC GS-R engine is fine with these parts as stock.

Last edited:

dc2GS-R

Super Moderator
Injectors are too small, you'll need a better fuel pump, VAFC is terrible for tuning and that exhaust would be a big restriction

mikenichol123

facebook= mnichol3
i am running 15psi in by gsr right now and what i have is
block bored to 81.5
wiesco 9:5:1 pistons
eagle rods
stock head
eddlebrock victory x manifold with a 70mm throttle body
walbro 225 fuel pump
aem fuel rail
1000cc injectors
hondata S300 on a p28
im running punp gas
emotors 50 trim turbo
275whp at 15psi

Prozon

Kris
I'm just throwing this out there, isn't the stock map sensor only good up to like 10-11psi? Upgrade to a 4-bar sensor if your running 16psi.

patrick4588

Integra God
16psi on an 18g isnt a whole lot. But as someone else stated, the stock engine is limited by horsepower, not psi. You can safely run around 300whp on a gsr motor with a proper tune. There isnt much point in building the motor to run an 18g, so unless you have plans for a new turbo kit in the summer; just keep it stock til it pops. And you wont need to sleeve it until <450whp. Stock sleeves are pretty stout as long as the car is tuned right. There isnt much issue with having injectors too big if you have a good tuner; better to have extra room than have the duty cycle maxxed out. Your exhaust is fine if you keep the whp under 250. BUT i would say go ahead and sell it along with the test pipe, jump up to 3". Sell that fuel rail and FPR, VAFC, and 450cc injectors. Get Hondata s300 and 750cc injectors.

Last edited: