prevent car theft

trizady

Hey guys what's up well today I was feedind my son and I sw a civic roll up to my car and some guy got out looking all in my stuff they were there for aout 10 mins idk why but I got parinoind then went downstairs and removed my dist cap and wires s my car won't start neways u guys hav ne low budget ideals to prevent theft I'm laied off atm so I dnt have the money for an alarm

samilp

Sam P
you can use pre-existing switches (such as ac swtich) it just has to hold a constant "on" or "off".
use relays and connect the wires to corresponding units you want turned off. (fuel pump, ignition, w.e)

myxintegra

Extreme Music Addict
Brake locks can be used as clutch locks. Just get that, 20 bucks on Amazon.com. Super cheap. I have one of those too, with a steering wheel lock and an alarm to top it all off.

trizady

@samilp ok yea I dint tink of that if I maked a kill switch for my fuel pump well/could it short it out if I hook it up incorrectly? But in dc if I make a new killswitch I have to power it ground it then rewire the power out to the fuel pump?

samilp

Sam P
anything can be shorted out if its hooked up incorrectly, lol.
all i did was ground the switch and just "cut into" the existing fuel pump wire. i didnt have to rewire anything. i just traced the fuel pump and relayed it to the switch, then grounded the switch.

Kinta94

you can use pre-existing switches (such as ac swtich) it just has to hold a constant "on" or "off".
use relays and connect the wires to corresponding units you want turned off. (fuel pump, ignition, w.e)
thats the best idea i have heard in a long time. I may actually go wire something easy yet tricky.

Kinta94

lol. i dont have ac so wth. i also dont have cruise control ;)
same i removed all wiring for my cruise control also Im in the process of removing my a/c it doesnt work plus ive never owned a car with a/c. but thanks for the ideas! +rep

samilp

Sam P
thanks. i live in florida, summer is comin up and i dont know how i'm going to deal with it. lol, w/ black interior and black car, temps can easily reach over 100 inside... i'm gonna have to see if this summer whether or not to put in ac for the next summer....

97IntegraGS

Same thing happened to me today. I was out front fixing some wiring and a riced out accord pulled up right at my driveway full of dudes and they sat and eyeballed my car for like 2 minutes then sped off and hit a u-turn then came back down my street all looking out the window at my car.. Kinda suspicious or im kinda paranoid. Either way, better safe than sorry.

But as OGstackdolla said .....
Kill switches and a pistol :thumbs up: