prices for mods

XTurboAcuraX

i have some questions on how much some respectable mods cost.
1. rims. i have heard 1000-1500. how much is a good respectable set of rims?
2. what about the guages? the ones that show things like water temp, engine temp.....
3. good alarms and good sound systems.
4. headers.
just gimme some estimates. i don't have a lot of time on the net to look for this stuff. maybe you guys can tell me how much some of your stuff cost. and if you give me some prices include the manufacturer. (what company made it)
thanks

ca86108

rims 400-900 over a 1000 is like good shit like volks which i feel is wasting money, good headers are dc , and they are cheap u can find some for 150. if u want full power get RACE headers which are illegal. gauges?? what u mean? like the neon glow ones, or a cluster

DJNAS

HUSTLING FOR A HUSTLER
get a viper 791xv alarm with a tilt sensor and your set . dont forget the backup battery with built in horn ... :twisted:

DownShift96GSR

The gauges he is talking about are like EGT, VOLTs, H2O TEMP, BOOST, etc.... Those average I think around $60 a pop. Get DC 4-1 ceramic. That's what i'm gonna get after I get my next Teggy.

TegSox

Super Duper Moderator
Rims: as with anything you buy, you get what you pay for. The high priced rims are high priced for a reason. They're lightweight, for one, and reducing the unsprung weight on the suspension is as good as adding HP. It takes less effort for the engine to get a set of 12 pound rims turning than to get a set of 20 pound rims turning. Expensive rims are also made of stronger materials and/or are molded into a rim by different methods. So they're less likley to get bent if you hit a curb or a pothole, and are less likely to peel and/or corrode. I bought my rims so long ago (almost 4 years) I can't even remember what I paid. They're SSR (Speed Star Racing) Integral 16's, they a semi-solid forged rim and weigh only a half pound more than my stock GSR fat fives even though they're an inch bigger. SSR's are a quality rim that isn't super expensive. I've hit some real nasty potholes, no bends. The clearcoat isn't peeling and I've never curbed them in 3 years, the still look great. But yeah, a high quality set of 16-17 inch rims will be over $1,000.

Guages: Never really looked into guages, but I've heard you oughta stay away from Autometer, and probably any other brand in that price range.

Alarms: Alarms are all about the install. You can get yourself a dope ass, $1,000 alarm with every available option, but if it isn't installed well its virtually useless. A theif will find the brain in less than 10 seconds and POOF! It's all over. I'll take a cheap old $200 alarm installed well, rather than the $1,000 joint installed half-ass. A piece of advice from a former installer, give the installation place as much time as you can to install your alarm. They'll be less likely to rush the job if they know they're not on a time table and you'll get a better quality install. Better yet, also offer him a tip to do a real nice job.

sound systems: You get what you pay for here, too. This catagory's way too broad to explain here. Ask a more specific question and I'll help you out.

Headers: Don't pay less than about $300 for a header. Stay away from Chikara, Pacesetter, Tenzo R, Power Tech and the like.

XTurboAcuraX

ok, by guages i mean the ones that go between the windshield and the drivers side window. on the inside of that steel piece that is the corner of the windshield and the driver's side window. i don't know what it's called. i would like a couple of guages up there from GReddy. they look hella cool up there too.
what are some good rim makers? Konig? SSR? and all their rims are over 1000?
as for headers i will check out DC. i heard they are like 500.
intake will probably be from AEM. i saw them in a catalog and they are like 200.
for audio i wanna know about JL, Alpine what are some other good brands?
My GReddy exhaust will be like 600.
carsound cats are like 200.
as for alarms, yeah they have to be installed properly. just give them lots of time? and maybe a tip? is that all they need?
please gimme some more info about all this stuff.

XTurboAcuraX

yes i drive a hyundai, but hopefully tomorrow (dec. 16th) will be my last day of driving it. the plan is for me to go to sac with my mu mommy to get my teggy. so im asking about parts for tegs. that's why im on a club integra website lol
im just doing some research before i buy the car.

Last edited:

DJNAS

HUSTLING FOR A HUSTLER
XTurboAcuraX said:
oh and how do i make sure the alarm is installed properly?

try and fiind the brain to the alarm .. if you see colored wire's thats bad.. they should be taped up with black tape so that the blend in to your car's wire's ... what i did when i had my alarm installed i took care of the guy before and after the install ... i like gave him $30 dollers before and another $30 after it was finished .. i told him to hide it deep in side of my car where no one can find it .. and that what he did ..i was sitting in the store for like 4 hours .. :twisted: just make shore you get a battery back up installed with a built in horn .. o if they cut your battery wire and your horn wire the alarm will still go off... viper 791 xv..... but rember if they want your car they will take it no matter what ... so your best bet is get some thing with gps tracking lo jack .... lol

Last edited: