Problem, do bad tie rods pop?

93toonteg

Would the inner tie rods make a popping noise if they one was bad or would that be the CV axle? Cant figure if the axle is causing the popping noise or the Tie Rod??

Samurai_Blue

Yolo Whippin'
your axles would be making a clicking or popping sound when accelerating or at a constant speed depending on how bad your axle is

mirrorimg

You can check your tie rods pretty easily. If they are bad there will be in-out play. Jack up the front, and grab onto the tie rod. If you can move it in and out, its bad. It should only pivot.

Mugen

Hi My Name Is Asimo
I'm having the same exact problem ATM!! it has nothing to do with the tie-rods!! it's your cv axel 100% positive GET IT FIXED or it could seize up on the highway or something

RD408

^Probably what these guys said.
I go thru cv boots every other month :rolf:

Mugen

Hi My Name Is Asimo
your axles would be making a clicking or popping sound when accelerating or at a constant speed depending on how bad your axle is
not true!! they can pop at a low speed also when backing up or turning dependind on "how bad the axel is" smh

Samurai_Blue

Yolo Whippin'
not true!! they can pop at a low speed also when backing up or turning dependind on "how bad the axel is" smh
i try to replace mine before they get that bad. but yeah i would assume they would lol i dont want that shit to fall out on me when im driving lol

Mugen

Hi My Name Is Asimo
i try to replace mine before they get that bad. but yeah i would assume they would lol i dont want that shit to fall out on me when im driving lol
well if the axel didn't fall out then it's not broke lOl if it ain't broke don't fix it l0llll

93toonteg

well yea thats what i thought too...i replaced both front axles...and outter tie rods and just put a new driver sdie wheel bearing on...still popping driving me crazy....would the strut be making a axle popping noise at all or is it deffenity the axles????? like i said this is driving me crazy...please help

sexystover

can you explain when and what your doing when it pops? does it vary with speed? is it only on turns... its like swinging in the dark if you dont know when it happens

Mugen

Hi My Name Is Asimo
possible varibules: loose or transmission/transaxle mounts. worn diff pinion shaft in case. worn driveaxel bore in diff case. is the car auto or manual?

Mugen

Hi My Name Is Asimo
can you explain when and what your doing when it pops? does it vary with speed? is it only on turns... its like swinging in the dark if you dont know when it happens
swinging in the dark" I never heard that lmfaooo