Problem: Fast quiet ticking driver side dash area/engine

ra1d

Ok so I have done quite a bit of looking around all Integra forums and I have yet to see one similar to my problem so I will go ahead and lay it down here. So as I'm driving once i hit around 40mph I notice this quiet ticking noise that gets faster and faster as i speed up and a little louder, and the sound is comming from behind the gauge clusters, like either in the engine bay or right behind the gauges. It's more noticeable when all the windows are rolled up. Also when i push the clutch in and the rpm drops the sound disappears along with the rpms.

Would it be the timing belt wearing out and that's whats ticking as i speed up? Or is a bad vss (vehicle speed sensor) or speedo cable? It's just weird that the noise stops when i push the clutch pedal in and the rpms drop

I also have a 2000 gsr integra w/ type r tranny

Tam4511

CI BOOST FIEND
It's probably a valve tick. Pop your hood, start the car and listen as you rev the car up with the throttle lever on the throttle body. If the noise raises with the rpm's then that's what it is. It's common on older engines. You can try getting a valve adjustment and using better oil.

Muckman

Not a M0derator
He needs to figure out of its vehicle speed or rpm dependant first. The speedo is electronic so there shuold be nothing behind it that is spinning like a speedo cable.

ra1d

It's probably a valve tick. Pop your hood, start the car and listen as you rev the car up with the throttle lever on the throttle body. If the noise raises with the rpm's then that's what it is. It's common on older engines. You can try getting a valve adjustment and using better oil.
Ill try that, and post a reply with what happens. Also I just did my oil change with mobile 1 5w30. And also i feel it's rpm dependent since if I'm going 60mph on the freeway and I push the clutch in, the noise goes away as the rpms drop. Then if I engage the clutch again the noise comes back. But under 40 mph this noise never occurs. So it's a little of both? Idk

teggietyper

I have this problem too, it tickers when I'm turning more left. The sound comes from behind the steering wheel and over by the passengerside. I also have a bad wheel bearing, as if its not annoying enough. Im hoping its the wheel bearing because its getting fixed soon. Any other information now it is please continue this thread!

JETxGREEN

JEFF
I have this problem too, it tickers when I'm turning more left. The sound comes from behind the steering wheel and over by the passengerside. I also have a bad wheel bearing, as if its not annoying enough. Im hoping its the wheel bearing because its getting fixed soon. Any other information now it is please continue this thread!
It ticks when your turning left hmm... sounds like a turn signal to me :p jk