problem installing cam seals

db84life

hey supz....

i'm putting my engine back together and got to the point where i try to replace the cam seal... it was a pain in a butt to get the cam gear bolt loose, but the main problem i have is installing in... i did 2 ways... i install it like it was a main or rear main seal, but somehow it didnt go in, so i try another way was to loose up everything and put teh seal on then reinstall the cam shaft, but that make it worst as i ended up damage 2 seal..... it look like it a lil bigger then the original, i figure it might be a bad seal .....its not the original seal as i got a complete gasket set from part store. mite be the reason why, but still have any one or know a easy way to install these cam seal?... i will post up ppik soon and i'm not rushin it.... i did read the manual but not giving enough infor about the seal... thanks for any one that can help me out..

PogKai

B20VTEC
take off timing belt cover, timing belt, remove bolts of the sprockets, take out old seal using a pointy thing, then install new one using a socket that fit over it.. tap it gently with a hammer in.. install everything back, your done.

db84life

i did all that and it didnt work.... i checked again to see if teh seal was bigger and it seems a lil bigger then the old one so i figure its a defect part.... i'm going to see if anyone else have it, but it have to be order so i'm going to teh dealer to see they have it instock..
thankz for your help.... hopfully tonight i be able to be ready to put the engine in....
hopfully the seal will be correct....

also... once the motor rebuilt... is it best to drive it normal to let it break in or to break in fast... i heard poeple says its better to break in hard rather then driving noraml.... let me know what u guyz opinion.....

for me i think let it break in for 500 miles then take off hard........thankz again

Kamikaze™

Blk Dude™
All i did was take off the valve cover and loosen the bolts near the seal, pried old one out stuck in the new one.

db84life

hey sup.... i went tot he dealer to get another one.... came out the kit i have , the seal are lil to big....wasnt correct.....its not oem so i got one from the dealer and it fit smoothly...i got it all ready for tomorrow to drop it in so soon i will post up my db8 b4 pik and after pik.

thankz for ur helpz.... its was my mistake for not checking, i figure is should be the right one n e wayz since its made for that engine....