Problem Solve

GreenTeggy

My name is Ben
Okay so some of you have seen my ghetto EH6 well it needs a bit of work and I was wondering if you guys could help me problem solve real quick!

1. Car starts vibrating WAY too much over 65mph (wheel balance or alignment maybe?)
2. I start it and it idles at about 2.5k then drops oddly like it drops down to 500 then up to 1000 repeatedly
I can make a video if needed.
3. Sticky gas pedal, Gets stuck everytime its stopped or if i just let off to hard it'll get stuck?

There are more but i'm not worried about those atm so any help is appreciated! thanks

Ben

nuenjin

Professional Ametuer
Let the wild ass guessing begin!

1) Could be anything from worn bushings to actual mis-alignment or even an POS tire

2) When you first crank over a honda, it will idle higher to warm up and then settle down. If we assume that the initial spike is the warm up condition then what we have left is a fluctuating idle. It could always turn out to be lack of fuel or poor spark, but one has to begin somewhere.

Check the idle air control valve (iacv) and the fast idle valve (fiv)
Here is a nice video about dealing with doing that very thing on a honda.

http://www.youtube.com/user/EricTheCarGuy?feature=chclk#p/u/5/L788jKEVblY

3)My first reaction is the check the throttle cable, they will stick after a few years. Then I would move under the dash to check the movement of the pedal, spring and pivot point.

good luck

Last edited:

GreenTeggy

My name is Ben
haha awesome thanks! Yea kinda figured it would be the iacv im guessing but i'll watch the vid and find out

but i hope its not the throttle cable those tend to give me a hard time when i work on them lol and i'll replace the spark plugs first those are cheap and hopefully that will get rid of that fluctuation..

Alvi84

1: Could also be a warped rotor
2: If your throttle cable doesn't have the proper slack you will get this
3: Sounds like the throttle cable (I had the same issue and mine ended up being the throttle cable)

mjones73

A vibration at 65 is a unevenly worn tire/out of balance tire/ or bent rim 99% of the time. Do you feel it coming up through the steering wheel or the floor more?

The alignment really can't make it vibrate (though it can help wear the tire that leads to a vibration) and a warped rotor would only vibrate when applying the brakes in most cases.

Last edited: