Problem with car starting....

corona88

Hey guys, well yesterday night i decided to do some maintenance work on my car. I changed the distributor cap, rotor, spark plugs and wires. All the stuff was ngk or oem honda stuff, if anyone wants to know that. So i changed everything and i start the car and rev it up a bit and it works perfect, i pulled it out of my garage and let it run in the drivr way just to make sure. Everything seems okay. Well today around 5 i jump in and start it and it starts like normal. Shift into reverse and pull out of my driveway and it dies. Then i try to start it up and nothing. It turns over, you can hear the fuel pump going and the ecu fuse is good, i checked this just to be sure.

SO FAR---

I put the old stuff back on just to see if the new stuff was faulty and it still wouldnt start, clicks like it wants to start but theres no spark......

Winki on this site (buddy of mine) said maybe its the coil....idk maybe you all could enlighten me and think of something i missed.

Thanks in advance:)

rob1570

DC2 GS-R
well if you put everything in right it would start lol, but +1^

Winki

Undercover mod
better word would be its trying to turn over not just click starter is good has fuel but no spark, i told him ignitor or coil

Samurai_Blue

Yolo Whippin'
hmm have you tried the altenator test? take off the possitive battery while the car is on?

Spody02

Name: Cody
what all did you replace?
have you tryed to pull out the spark plug, and and crank it over and test it to see if it gets spark?

if not, check the wires for coorret ohms if those are right then, if those are just keep going back and check everything, tell you find something thats not right

Winki

Undercover mod
already check for spark ;) and there is none. altinator keeps the car running so that was one of thi things i though but there is no spard for that doesnt matter anymore so no it wont run alt all

jdmjim

nothing from nowhere
i love these problems:Dsyche. go back in the dist and see if any wires came off.if u did this for maintance and thats when the problem started chances are you got a bad part that probally smoked your ignitor.i once had an accord that i put a coil in and the new coil burned up 2 ignitors b4 i figured out what was causing it. a cap and rotor shouldnt cause it but i wouldnt eliminate the possibility.

corona88

i love these problems:Dsyche. go back in the dist and see if any wires came off.if u did this for maintance and thats when the problem started chances are you got a bad part that probally smoked your ignitor.i once had an accord that i put a coil in and the new coil burned up 2 ignitors b4 i figured out what was causing it. a cap and rotor shouldnt cause it but i wouldnt eliminate the possibility.
Well the reason I changed these things is because it was time to (miles wise) They still worked perfectly, What i did is we tries to put back the old stuff rotor and cap and those wouldnt even work either. So neither old nor new parts work. So i think its either a coil or ignitor sucks, we're going to take it to a local shop where a couple of our buddies work to see whats up with it.

corona88

UPDATE

new distributor put on and still the car has not started. Still turns, starter works, alternator works but it work create a spark.......So im going to just tow the car to Revline Motors and go from there. Unless anyone has any ideas??

GollumSi

Beginner Again
Ok so I am new here and am having the same issue. One does the ECU throw any codes? I ask that cause no one else has. Two, have you checked the main relay out yet? After going through my book I have come down to the Main Relay in mine and I am picking a new one up this morning. Since the relay is a 2 part relay one part could fault while the other is fine. After inspecting mine for the 100000000000000th time I found hairline fractures on the 1st side of the relay. My opinion I would check codes and then look over the relay to see if either of them are showing anything. Hope that helps a little bit and good luck.

Four_hundred_86

Ditto on the problem mine was running great I shut it off when i stopped to pick someone up, and when I went to leave... NO GO. It has fuel and turns over I am fixing to replace a cap and rotor to see if that fixes it, if not well its gonna be a long night.