Problem with clock :(

97IntegraGS

I just bought my integra a few days ago and I love it but i'm just trying to fix a bunch of little problems and my clock is one of those.

The clock works but everytime I turn the engine off and back on the clock resets itself to 1:00, the radio also resets any preset channels. Anybody know what's going on?? Any help would be great, thanks..

mirrorimg

Check the 7.5 amp backup fuse in the engine bay fuse box. The problem you are having is that the power that allows the components to store their information is not being delivered to those components, and I think that fuse may cause that.

97IntegraGS

I always give rep!

Wow so now that I replaced the fuse, my radio worked without the key in the ignition?? So I was like whatever I'll just have to make sure I turn it off before I get out the car.

Didn't drive my car for a day and go to start it.. Dead battery. Jumped it and pulled the fuse out. The guy who sold me the car included some generic brand head unit so I guess I'm gonna need a different one or have someone tweak it for me lol.

Until then. I guess no clock for me :( haha

mirrorimg

Whats a wideband O2 sensor in there.

The previous owner probably ran into the same issue, probably because of a botched install. He probably removed or replaced the fuse with a blown one to side-step the problem instead of actually fixing it.

Merlins Beard

*Beard not included
it sounds like your radio is hooked up to a constant 12v line instead of the other power line. the constant one is for your radio memory and the other cuts power when the battery is not giving power to the car. do you still have the factory connector behind the radio or is that gone?