problem with my engine!

lil mexicano

hey i have a problem with my engine.. it started last night. the engine shakes violently and it feels like its about to die. i know the battery is fine, i checked my spark plug wire and one of them was corrodes. might that be the problem? i also installed a short ram about a month ago, might there be an air leak? i need help :(

SMACKABEEZY

F0E D0E M0 H0ES
hey i have a problem with my engine.. it started last night. the engine shakes violently and it feels like its about to die. i know the battery is fine, i checked my spark plug wire and one of them was corrodes. might that be the problem? i also installed a short ram about a month ago, might there be an air leak? i need help :(
try installing your stock intake back. check if there is oil, what do you mean by corrodes?

lil mexicano

corrosed idk how to spell it hah, like as if water got in the tube of the wire. not so good on describing stuff.

thenoxus1

Quick-Spool Racing LLC
Corroded* Like what happens to an old battery, or a wet one..get's nasty stuff on it..and that Could be part of your problem..

lor_db8

oh man.. u make it sounds so scary.. i don't think it has anything to do with your short ram intake... and even if you have an air leak you engine wouldnt shake as crazy as how you explained it..

did you have any check engine light?? you might want to check that out..

does it feels like it is not getting enough air?? did you have to revved the engine to keep it alive?? explain more.. so we can try to help!

lil mexicano

oh man.. u make it sounds so scary.. i don't think it has anything to do with your short ram intake... and even if you have an air leak you engine wouldnt shake as crazy as how you explained it..

did you have any check engine light?? you might want to check that out..

does it feels like it is not getting enough air?? did you have to revved the engine to keep it alive?? explain more.. so we can try to help!
yea i got a check engine light as soon as it happen

it shakes when i stop, when i reach 30 MPH, and i cant go over 55 without shaking. also the steering wheel shakes, the RPMs rise slow and so does my speed..

SMACKABEEZY

F0E D0E M0 H0ES
your distributor might be going out, try changing your plugs and wires too. do you habe oil leaking inside your spark plugs?

lor_db8

ahaha.. see you didnt mentioned that you had a CEL.. well check that out! first and from there start working on the problem..

also does your teggy has vtec??

thenoxus1

Quick-Spool Racing LLC
CEL is check engine light. Check that before you ask anything here, usually that will tell you your issue. Check it and we can help ya from there