problems getting the shift linkage off

isa423

street freaks
im working on swapping the tranny on my car and ive got to the point where i need to remove the shift linkage. i unbolted the side that is connected to the short shifter but the side that is attached to the tranny itself im having a hard time. someone told me that it is a pin that needs to be hit out but nothing is working so far. any suggestions on what to do?

teggyboi59

95teggy
Yea there's a pin in between the bars there's usually a cover on it.. hit it wit sumtin a bit smaller tha pin

isa423

street freaks
Yea there's a pin in between the bars there's usually a cover on it.. hit it wit sumtin a bit smaller tha pin
thats what ive been trying to do but no luck. does it matter if it have to hit the pin from the bottom or the top because from looking at it it looks like the pin is flared out larger then the hole?

banadictaustin

The top bolt on the part that clamps to the shift shaft from the motor must be completely removed to pull that piece off. I would guess the shaft is wore on the bottom or, more likely, that detect assembly is worn creating a loose tolerance.