progressive rate Springs ??

TSPOON

Ok. I am not sure I if I got bullshitted or not or was this truth ..
O.k. as most yall know I am switching suspension because the cheap shit I have on my car is Killing me and the ride is terrible..after going through sorta a coilover and spring 101 with this dude at this shop..he talked me into going with a full coilover setup because he says that the sleeve type coilovers are shit..ALL OF THEM....now the reasoning behind this was he says that the spirings that are on sleeve setups are generic and the spring rates are generic.. and full coilover setups the springs rates are specifically made for your car...NOW..using my own brain..I was like there has to be sleeve type setups that use progressive spring rates...why are so many people running ground controls,skunk..etc..sleeve type setups..I mean obviously cheaper..but...
But my mind is telling me he was just trying to sell me a more expensive setup so he cam make more money..of course I know a Full coilover setup is better for adjustability...but as far as ride quality and whether they are going to be bottoming out the shock I don't see the sleeve type setup being bad...I mean ground controls use eibach springs over there coilovers, Eibachs I am sure are progressive rate springs...

I hope this makes sense..My head is jumbled right now....

I found a great deal on some tokico blues with ground control coilovers..debating on getting them now..or waiting to purchase this full coilover setup...for 3 times as much....do I really need to ?

Last edited:

Samurai_Blue

Yolo Whippin'
i dont know what progressive spring rates are but i think ground control are like 8k/10k i think...im not sure off the top of my head..maybe 8/6 but anyways...the shop dude is wrong. Ground control sleeves are good. they are stiff as hell and you can have custom spring rates as well. he is probably misinformed and was thinking of ebay sleeves

TSPOON

he explained progressive spring rates if I am not mistaken or can remember right ..saying that the lower your car goes the stiffer the springs become and sleeve type coilvers there springs are generic and the rates or weight compacity is not made specifically for your car but rather a generic make...where as fullsetups spings are made for your cars weight and load specifically...
but I think your right he has to be thinking about ebay sleeves

Samurai_Blue

Yolo Whippin'
oh i dont know then....my springs are good enough for touge and auto x as well as the track. i like them and if you go ground control you will to

TSPOON

sweet thanks...
So I guess.. since ground control coilovers use Eibach springs..basically I should be happy ..lol...

that thread says eibach makes linear springs..I really don't know the specifics on that, and says linear spanks progressive...o.k. mre research to do..really just out curiosity..because I AM conviced that I will happy with a Gorund control Tokico setup

TSPOON

o.k. correction ..eibachs are progressive springs!!....sweet..makes me happy because GC's use eibach springs..

Samurai_Blue

Yolo Whippin'
if you get the illumina set up as well as the top hats you will be able to dump your car like mine and not have to worry about bottoming out. highly recomend them!

TSPOON

yea I def. want my shit on the Ground ..I love my ride like that I am tucked all the way around right now ..I wan tot keep the look..