Project Gsr B18C1 With C5 Internals

wooker_nok

well whats up CI!
its been a while since i updated
so how im here with sum pictures
had blown my gsr with a broken valve almost dropped but just bend it... thats the good thing
so here is my block with type-r pistons new rings new bearing, rods,C5 oil pump

tell what you think

BlackDC2

VTEC MANIAC!
I think I want to do the very same even if my engine is not yet blown... :D

in this case would I be ok just to go with ITR piston kit from eBay or should I look out for OEM or like wiseco high compression pistons etc... ? Do I keep my stock GSR rods or do I go with uprated ones?

But the most important question worries me: are the heada the same at the face where connects the block compared to ITR head?

Just wondering If I get higher than ITR compression pistons like 12:1 or something near to that... Do I have to get adjustable cam gear to set my timing correct Or I would be just absolutely fine with all stock gear to reset timing and and stuff like TDC?
(haven't build engine by myself in the past yet but wanna do it and learn all about it, Have mechanical skills and general knowledge of how all works and how all is assembled so finding all this very attractive ;) )

ENGINE BLOCK LOOKS SEXY TBH!!!
BR

Tam4511

CI BOOST FIEND
yes all of the b series engines are interchangeable with heads/blocks
it depends on what your plans are, if you want a n/a build then you want high compression pistons
if you want to boost it in the future you get low compression pistions
search for info

OP: looks good, i wanna paint my block gold now haha

BlackDC2

VTEC MANIAC!
yes all of the b series engines are interchangeable with heads/blocks
it depends on what your plans are, if you want a n/a build then you want high compression pistons
if you want to boost it in the future you get low compression pistions
search for info

OP: looks good, i wanna paint my block gold now haha
I'd fo with more simplicity for the beginning, so ITR or other higher compression pistons wuld be the way... so basically if I want longer lasting build is H-Beam Billet Rods, HC Pistons, rod bearings, block guard, and new gasket and Im good to go right?

Boosted setups are pricey and I dont like to go cheap way because then u have to pay twice or more just because gone cheap... and budget is very small so my best shot I guess would be N/A setup because I should fit up to 1k bucks with good buil ... what do you think?

8urcivic

ONLY couches pull out!!!!
i approve....i had the same bottom end....before i upgraded to more compression.

its perfect for everyday driving.

j13

Keep It Clean
Looks good man that paint job is perfect!

I would do a high compression n/a build rather than a turbo build...and get some cams with a sick cam profiles, full port and polish, full titainium exhuast..