Pros and cons of a quick release.

NEEK94LS

What up guys, I hope im posting in the right place, anyway I ordered some some ebay quick release combo, (same shit as the nrg only diff is its a no name) and im thinking about selling it because after thinking about I would be without my horn and airbag. Airbag im not so much worried about, but no horn is just crazy. So I wanna no how many of you guys use a quick release and do you like it or not and why? Also I was also thinking about using it for extra sequrity but after talking to my boy, he says it doesnt matter cause a theif can still drive it with some tool I forgot what the name of it though. So does that give a little more protection than a factory wheel with a club?

stormnorman

I was actually thinking about getting one soon. not all thieves will probably be carrying around that tool youre talking about but i mean a quick release combined with a good alarm system will just give you extra time to get to your car if its being broken in to. the more security you have the less time that thief has to do things. now i knew it deleted the airbag but the horn? are all of them like that or can you get one that lets you keep the horn as well?

Teggy64

Got vtec?
Its a cool idea and can help detract theft. But at the end of the day if a theif really wants your car they'll take it. Plus a quick release won't stop a tow truck from snachin it. Also what if you get in a head on collision? Your're pretty much fucked unless you both are granny driving and even the... I say just get a different steering wheel with an airbag.

Matt Parsons

Anything that calls for an airbag delete is an automatic no, as far as I am concerned. That is far too dangerous to even consider. Especially in a car that is so fun to drive fast :p

01FTW

I just installed mine and I like it.

CONS:
It takes some getting used to as it require a little more effort to turn being that the wheel is smaller than OEM.
No airbag, but you can still hook up the horn. I just havent hooked mine back up yet because I am lazy.
Also, the wheel sticks out a little further towards your chest due to having the quick release hub on it.

PROS:
Helps a little with security.
Looks good.

Last edited:

endo617

Rattle Can Technician
NRG quick release owner

Pros:
-One more obstacle for a thief to get by
-Makes eating in the car easier
-You can leave the car running if you gotta run in the house real quick
-Looks good
-Cruise Control is now a volt meter
-Conversation piece(gets annoying though)

Con:
-No Airbag(I own a 91 civic and no airbags, not a big deal to me)
-No Cruise(i miss it)

8-bit

do what now?
lol i was going to tell you that your spedometer needles look good. (i thought they were clear)

tucents

NRG quick release owner

Pros:
-One more obstacle for a thief to get by
-Makes eating in the car easier
-You can leave the car running if you gotta run in the house real quick
-Looks good
-Cruise Control is now a volt meter
-Conversation piece(gets annoying though)

Con:
-No Airbag(I own a 91 civic and no airbags, not a big deal to me)
-No Cruise(i miss it)

is that the sony gt540oui?

David.95LS

Delwarian
i got one in my new car im building.

pros:
baller status!
you can take it with you at car shows
makes people say wtf?! when your driving down the road with it hanging out the window

cons:
you can get drunk and lose it (the DD cant drive without it)
sticks a little farther out

but the horn can be hooked up. and for the cruise control, would it be possible to get a wheel with 2 push button momentary switches, and wire one up as accelerate/set and the other up as decelerate, and then put a + and - mark on them, and retain the cruise control?

endo617

Rattle Can Technician
but the horn can be hooked up. and for the cruise control, would it be possible to get a wheel with 2 push button momentary switches, and wire one up as accelerate/set and the other up as decelerate, and then put a + and - mark on them, and retain the cruise control?
lol im too lazy, i just took everything out, A/C, P/S, and Cruise, ABS is coming out too soon