Pros and cons with Rota grid

djv1986

Im interested in the te37 but price tag is high. Not looking to drag race or to road race but it's a daily driver and occasional racer street or strip and possibly track now and then. Just curious to hear what people think about the grids. Are they heavy or light or weak or strong or good for the price. Let me know what you guys think I'm trying to get some 16"s before the round two in thunderhill, thanks for your time ci members

klutchDb7

ლ(ಠ益ಠლ)
They're knock offs... Basically sums it up. I've heard arguments both ways, that either they are very sturdy and capable of taking abuse or they are just cheap and break. Kinda of a crap shoot in my eyes, I personally wouldn't run them.

djv1986

I know there the knock offs it shows with the price tag. I'm wanting the konig backbones also or maybe the ssr type c

djv1986

I would only run them cause it's something I could afford to buy with one paycheck and get my car on the road sooner

klutchDb7

ლ(ಠ益ಠლ)
I have type c's. I'm almost certain they're lighter than te's. Like I can literally toss them up and down with tires without breaking a sweat

Aqualite_Solid

DB7 no Aston
I see the rota arguments coming soon.... ive tracked rota slipstreams for 3 years hitn every pot hole in memphis.. never bent or dented.. but compared to actual forged wheel you can feel a difference

Sent from my toaster using Tapatalk2

djv1986

What u mean feel difference? Like the Rota is casted and the ssr is forged? I know with pistons forged are stronger but which are lighter? And I've heard of soo many ppl loving the slipstreams

klutchDb7

ლ(ಠ益ಠლ)
Forged wheels are usually lighter, and I almost guarantee no rota comes close to weighing as little as type c's do. Forged is stronger. I personally haven't looked too in depth into what's available rota wise, better safe than sorry from the get go, ya know?

djv1986

Forged wheels are usually lighter, and I almost guarantee no rota comes close to weighing as little as type c's do. Forged is stronger. I personally haven't looked too in depth into what's available rota wise, better safe than sorry from the get go, ya know?
I hear ya. Just don't have that kinda money. I have some items I would trade for a set if I found some but I've got bout 10k in my teg the past year why stop on the rims? Just kinda hard to spend almost 2ks on wheels only

Aqualite_Solid

DB7 no Aston
What clutch said... honestly I cringed a little everytime I hit a pot hole in my slipstreams awsome wheel for the price.. I just don't trust em so took em and got some kosei k1's it was a mental thing mostly

Aqualite_Solid

DB7 no Aston
Have you tried tirerack.com they had some OZ superaleggra2' on sale for 412 a set.... it was a last of stock sale

NemesisCBR

Boredest Member
Theyre just wheels. If you want em get em. Obviously.... tons of people run rota wheels. Theres no issues with just driving on them as you would any other wheel.

XjoEnX

PROS:
They're affordable, will last you if you are careful with them, they serve their purpose in keeping the car rolling.

CONS:
They're way heavier than SSR/Volk/Works, they can bend easily if you happen to hit a deep pothole, there is an anti-rota alliance on this site that will give you grief about buying them. lol