Proud owner of a 96 GSR

teginak

so i just got a integra gsr yesterday and i love it already. its a 96 and it only has 60,000 miles on it. i paid $3000 for it. it was cheap cause it does need some work. it needs paint and some parts. its missing the fenderwells and a couple other parts cause the guy i bought it from was starting to put a bodykit on it and left all the parts in another part of the state. so in about a year, it will be all up to snuff and worth a lot more than i bought it for. it has a few mods. b&m short shifter, motor mount inserts, DC headers, skunk2 intake manifold, type r cams and a type r ecu map and tune. now before i start working on this are these mods safe and if not what should i do? i need advice seeing as im new and dont wanna blow my new baby up haha. thanks guys.

Alvi84

Those mods are just fine and shouldn't cause any problems specially since it has an ECU tune for what it has. Just remember your GSR tranny doesn't like to go past 8k rpm. On another similar note... why do people install a stage 2 or stage 3 clutch when they are sub 200 hp to the wheels. Clutch chatter will cause premature clutch wear. Stage 1 clutch would do your car just fine but I understand you weren't the one to put that on.

Sounds like a nice Gs-R. The members here would love to see pics though!

And welcome to ClubIntegra.

Samurai_Blue

Yolo Whippin'
Those mods are just fine and shouldn't cause any problems specially since it has an ECU tune for what it has. Just remember your GSR tranny doesn't like to go past 8k rpm. On another similar note... why do people install a stage 2 or stage 3 clutch when they are sub 200 hp to the wheels. Clutch chatter will cause premature clutch wear. Stage 1 clutch would do your car just fine but I understand you weren't the one to put that on.

Sounds like a nice Gs-R. The members here would love to see pics though!

And welcome to ClubIntegra.
I would retune the ecu with a dyno. the Ecu is basemapped for a jdm itr probably, the way your head builds compression and the mods you have may differ from the baseline itr. I would change it to make it run 100% fine, thats just me thuogh also the tranny can be reved higher than 8, but if its a full race tranny then i would carbon coat the syncros. The syncros on a vtec transmission are stronger than a non vtec transmission. But the best "stock" racing tranny is a Type R as it has different syncros for all gears. And yes the the stage 3 clutch is too much, a stage 1 or oem is fine, clutches are based on torque and there is no way you have enough tourque to require a stage 3

Last edited:

Alvi84

From what I had read, the OP said that ECU had an ITR map and TUNE so I was under the impression it was already on the Dyno and tuned for the mods on the car. If it is a basemap, yes, its best to get dyno tuned for maximum performance and to ensure the A/F ratios. I received a basemapped ECU from David Vega in Florida (Phearable.net) and when I took my car to the Dyno the A/F ratio's were crazy and uneven. Thanks to my fresh Dyno tune I'm getting great gas mileage and have better response in all rpm ranges.

Samurai_Blue

Yolo Whippin'
From what I had read, the OP said that ECU had an ITR map and TUNE so I was under the impression it was already on the Dyno and tuned for the mods on the car. If it is a basemap, yes, its best to get dyno tuned for maximum performance and to ensure the A/F ratios. I received a basemapped ECU from David Vega in Florida (Phearable.net) and when I took my car to the Dyno the A/F ratio's were crazy and uneven. Thanks to my fresh Dyno tune I'm getting great gas mileage and have better response in all rpm ranges.
some people think a basemap is a tune

teginak

well here's the deal. it looks pretty terrible now... im planning on spending around 2 grand to get it up to snuff. it needs paint, bad. and in replacing the bodykit bumper with a stock one.

Last edited:

Dumpie1

Lower is better
Welcome to the club...

As far as advice with your ride, get an OEM front bumper, slam it and get some new wheels.

Cman46290

Whats wrong with the wheels? If you dont like them i would gladly purchase them :)

Nice ride... give her some TLC and she will be NICE!.... How does she run/ride/drive? All feel good?

-Corey