PS and AC

paoloDa92

Alright so im about to trade my beloved DA9 for a dc 2 with no ps and no ac.
I can deal with the no Ps but the Ac is a for sure need for me. It gets to hot during the summer and i work and drive alot with my car and not having ac would be a bitch,

So my question is that can i put ac back on the car?

how hard is it with no PS? all my car had power steering on em so i was just wondering.

thanks CI

Prozon

Kris
It shouldn't be all the bad without power steering.

For the A/C, if it was removed you'll probably need the condenser, accumulator, pump and whatever else your missing.

Tam4511

CI BOOST FIEND
No ps is only "hard" when you stopped, if you got some muskuls on ya youl be fine lol, you will tell a small difference while moving but will get used to it

Personally, I wouldn't go without A/C too long...but I live in Houston...the lack of P/S wont be too bad, as long as you go through the process of filling the rack completely before it's capped off. It helps...

DC Guardian

Uniqueness defines
no PS for me is a bitch, you can make small turns like going to the next lane or something. I think the guys ^^^ are saying its not hard because their car was design with the idea that it does not use PS, so it uses some other method to ease the steering. idk, im not a serious car guy. The teggy though, was designed with PS in mind. If you want to try to see what its like without PS, turn off the engine. Drive around some side/back road and put the car in neutral, and turn off the engine (you turn the key back once, not all the way to the point where to take out the key). Turning off the engine will turn off the PS. I tried this for hypermilling, turning off your car and coast to save gas. But then again, im driving a CRV (mini-suv). Try it for yourself, car in neutral, turn off, and try to make a 45, 90 degree turn. After you see for yourself, you can start the car up like you always would (thats why neutral) and drive on. do this on a back road or side road, don't want anyone behind you when you try for the first time lol sorry for the lenghty post

jdean41

Ac is easy to fix. Just gotta c whats there and whats not. I just installed all the ac parts in my car. Power steering is no biggie at all, its just hard to turn going very slowly but power steering is bad to put in either just check and make sure that your rack and everything is good.

emd513

You guys act like it takes an act of congress to make these cars turn with out power steering. Dude its a honda, not a freaking tank. Take your belt of the pump and drive for a couple of days and see if you will like it. And ac in my opinion leave the ac off and roll your windows down. If you have to have it you need to find a pump accumulator lines etc. It want be easy at all.

735e32

Im MEL.
Ive driven a DB1, CD5 accord, and a Civic wagon, all without power steering, and its still easy to drive.

Ominous G2

┌∩┐(◣_◢)┌∩┐
You can always slap a CRX or 4th gen civic manual rack in it. That's what I'm doing, it's not as bad with a manual rack. They make a kit on G2IC if you are interested.

Andrew93

Currently Building
yea ive driven my da with no ps since i got it just because its not really necessary on such a small car and it just adds more drag to the belt...its not hard at all and when ur actually driving you cant tell the difference

Prozon

Kris
I remember I drove my friend's cousin's Honda one time and I thought.. "Damn, this thing needs power steering." It apparently did not have any, and I did notice when you weren't moving.

This is kind of unrelated but my experience with Power Steering/Manual Steering in trucks it matters. For example, a manual steering set up in a truck.. if you hit something such as a rut, the wheel can jerk around at 1000mph and break your god damn arm. And the thing I had with my power steering in my lifted truck, the truck died one time and it was damn near impossible to turn it because of no power steering and big mud tires lol.

Power steering is a luxury I like to have, in anything.

DC Guardian

Uniqueness defines
I remember I drove my friend's cousin's Honda one time and I thought.. "Damn, this thing needs power steering." It apparently did not have any, and I did notice when you weren't moving.

This is kind of unrelated but my experience with Power Steering/Manual Steering in trucks it matters. For example, a manual steering set up in a truck.. if you hit something such as a rut, the wheel can jerk around at 1000mph and break your god damn arm. And the thing I had with my power steering in my lifted truck, the truck died one time and it was damn near impossible to turn it because of no power steering and big mud tires lol.

xDDD worse comes to worst lol

emd513

man thats totally different than with a lowered vehicle running on small tires. yes theres a big difference in the two, but like i said your driving a honda not a tank or a lifted truck. i run with 17s and a 2 inch drop felt the difference and you have to use some muscle to get it to turn at a stop but if you roll a little its alot easier and yes if you went with a manual rack instead its a little easier too, but your not talking about enough to worry about it. i have a friend that has his pump off a celica and damn that sucks. there built shity in the steering. not honda. do like i said op take your belt off for the next couple of days. i like it off cause i can feel the turns and the way the car is handling a lot better with out it and feel safer when im going threw turns at higher speeds. do what makes you happy not what makes us. remember it is your car