Question about camber kits

jbrown97ls

Lowered my car recently as some of you may or may not know, but after getting my toe set to zero, my caster is off horribly. My question is, if I get a front camber kit (going with BuddyClub) will it make it possible for the shop to correct my camber?

Thanks in advance!

Cripton805

Camber won't do much.
Don't worry about it, just do aligments mid and end year. Rotate your tires every 5k.

Mine are fine. I waited rotated at 8k, but no major wear on camber and it's off too.

jbrown97ls

I know camber wont eat my tires away, its the toe, but my alignment is off pretty bad. My wheel has to be turned to the right a bit for the car to go straight. Would that be because of my camber? I've been researching a bit and from what I'm seeing, caster doesn't make the car pull in any direction or dart? Would a camber kit help fix the alignment issue?

jbrown97ls

The previous owner did get into a wreck on that side, I'll try and check to see if its bent or not. I plan on ordering a camber kit and some new ball joints anyway so maybe that will fix the problem. And my car doesnt "pull" in any direction, I just went out and tested it, My wheel is just off a bit. Thanks for the replys guys!

Samurai_Blue

Yolo Whippin'
just get the lower ball joint the camber kit comes with the front one

if your caster is off during the alignment have the dude reset how its reading the caster as that happened on mine because we were messing around with the camber and the car kept moving.

Would you suggest OEM lower ball joints?
Being that your lowered I would suggest extended lower ball joints(like S2) if you can afford them. This will correct the roll center issue created by lowering the car.
A camber kit is very useful as it will save you money in the end on tires. Even when you rotate the tires every 5k miles the camber issue will eventually wear the inside edge of the tires away. Trust me, it sucks when you throw away a set of tires with 7/32" of tread left because the camber wear is so bad.
The casters is negative on both sides but about even, so I wouldn't bother messing with them. The only real effect this will have is the car wont naturally come back to center as much as it would if the caster was positive.

eiznekeM

Being that your lowered I would suggest extended lower ball joints(like S2) if you can afford them. This will correct the roll center issue created by lowering the car.
A camber kit is very useful as it will save you money in the end on tires. Even when you rotate the tires every 5k miles the camber issue will eventually wear the inside edge of the tires away. Trust me, it sucks when you throw away a set of tires with 7/32" of tread left because the camber wear is so bad.
The casters is negative on both sides but about even, so I wouldn't bother messing with them. The only real effect this will have is the car wont naturally come back to center as much as it would if the caster was positive.
Didn't know that, rep.

dan_in_ag

CAHLEAN!
Caster WILL DEFFINATLY affect your alighment, or else it wouldnt be adjustable. (On most cars). If you lowered it the same on both sides it should steer the same as it did before the drop.

Samurai_Blue

Yolo Whippin'
Caster WILL DEFFINATLY affect your alighment, or else it wouldnt be adjustable. (On most cars). If you lowered it the same on both sides it should steer the same as it did before the drop.
nope. depends on what you do and touch while you lower the car

Cripton805

I was pretty slammed on my old DA and I didn't have much camber wear after 15k+. I never did an alignment. I never rotated my tires. I had wear, but it was minimal and could have been corrected with an alignment. I bet my toe was way off.

I would only get a quality camber kit for the track. To have the ability to adjust the camber + or -