question about shocks

a1r12j0rdan

Half Way Gone
IM loweing my car skunk 2 springs and I'm wondering if there's a cheap set of shocks out there that can suppor tmy car instead of the stock shocks blowin upp after a while. I'm not planning on tracking my car so I'm basically gunning for looks. And do I really need a camber kit for a 2 inch drop? Thanks

XslickwhitetegX

UKDM EXPERT
I wouldn't cheap out if your going to track your car, I would really save up and buy koni yellows.if 500 is to expesive than I'd look into finding set used,but I think that's your best choice. No need for camber kit either

Samurai_Blue

Yolo Whippin'
tockico blues or skunk2 or koni or tockico illuminas. and yes you need a camber kit if its a daily driver to preserve tire life

JDMxDB8

Raceline USA
tockico blues or skunk2 or koni or tockico illuminas. and yes you need a camber kit if its a daily driver to preserve tire life
He doesn't need a camber kit. All he needs is a proper alignment. As long as his toe isn't jacked up, his tires will be fine. And remember to do regular tire rotation.

Samurai_Blue

Yolo Whippin'
He doesn't need a camber kit. All he needs is a proper alignment. As long as his toe isn't jacked up, his tires will be fine. And remember to do regular tire rotation.
yes and no. If you lower your car your camber settings wont be even. uneven camber, but its not necessary to have a kit, your toe is the most important thing to reset to factory.

a1r12j0rdan

Half Way Gone
Yea I'd rather just get a fresh alignment and rotation after I drop it. If I get 6 months off the tires I have now that have prolly 60 percent left on them then ill be alright with that. But thanks guys and do u know anyone who's sellin koni's or blues?

Blue Teggy

i lowered mine 3 inches from stock and all i did was go to my local tire shop and get an alignment ... after 2 hours most of it trying to get my car on the lift :) and $20 later my car is still amazing on suspension at first the guy tryed to just pull my car up fast on the lift and he got yelled at, payed for a new lip, and possibly fired :wak: