question bout the trunk board?

genesispolo

My integ is missing the backboard of the trunk. what is it made out of and does anyone know where I can go to get one of those other than craigslist? thx for the help guys/girls

jznsn2u

bro if you have a friend that has an integra ask them to trace the board and make your own with plywood. the stock oem board sucks!

Last edited:

ixcocoyxi

RS owner
If you still have the carpet, you could use that to make a trace. Or just lay some cardboard, tape it together, and cut it to fit. Then make it out of wood.

ImElvis

Sup yo'
he's either talking about the spare tire cover or the piece of board that we use to cover the trunk so people on the outside can't see inside our trunk.

Loas_drums

You should make a cardboard cutout of the trunk floor then cut wood to fit. Then put 3/4 inch steel on top of than and seem weld it. You might want to make a door access to the spare tire before seem welding. then hand polish it with 800 then 1200 then 2000 then 4000 grit sand paper then finish off with compound and 5000 thread count Egyptian cotton. If you can't find 5000 thread count 400 thread count can be found at Wal-mart. Shouldn't take longer than a Saturday afternoon.

Or do what they said Junk yard or wood. :p

genesispolo

he's either talking about the spare tire cover or the piece of board that we use to cover the trunk so people on the outside can't see inside our trunk.
im talking about the board that goes ovr the whole spare tire so i can rest some subs in the back.

genesispolo

You should make a cardboard cutout of the trunk floor then cut wood to fit. Then put 3/4 inch steel on top of than and seem weld it. You might want to make a door access to the spare tire before seem welding. then hand polish it with 800 then 1200 then 2000 then 4000 grit sand paper then finish off with compound and 5000 thread count Egyptian cotton. If you can't find 5000 thread count 400 thread count can be found at Wal-mart. Shouldn't take longer than a Saturday afternoon.

that shit sounds so dope n everything but it seems like it requires a hanful of time let alone i dnt even know how to mess with grit sand paper and tell the differences in numbers (1200, 2000, 4000 etc.) but i would like to do that bc its something pretty custom n raw lookin.

Or do what they said Junk yard or wood. :p

Tam4511

CI BOOST FIEND
yeah the stock one is made outa some weak ass cardboard stuff, if it gets wet its like paper...make one out of ply wood and sand it good

Accel.speed

basically, i like fast!
Yeah plywood is kinda heavy, but it is pretty sturdy for laying in the hatch with the girl at a drive-in! That's whats up lol.

suspendedHatch

Legalize Illegal Aliens
I wouldn't use plywood. Some kind of plastic would be ideal. Something impervious to water that has strength to withstand your groceries. Or you can brace it up. Fiberglass would be good especially if made into a hideaway sub box.

Don't bother trying to cut to fit cardboard or anything else as a template. That is a total nightmare and anyone who has tried it knows what I'm talking about.

genesispolo

so now im getting a lot of mixed opinions about the plywood..bc that's what i was leaning towards until you all started to say that plywood was pretty damn heavy lol