question on cooling system

DustinXIX

okay so the other day, on my way home from work (i live 30 mins away) i notice my cars overhating and its not throwing any heat out of the heater....so of course earlier that day, with my luck my cell phone broke so now i cant even pull over and call my father and have him tow me to my house.so i figure wth im five mins away and i try to push it and thats when i hear something pop, like a gunshot, then smoke pours everywherreee and in the car even. i pull over and shut the car off instantly and pop the hood, notice my upper radiator hose is popped. so the next day i bought a new hose and radiator bc i figured that it was the thermostat that got stuck. ok so i replace all that, and i filled it back up with antifreeze, got all the air bled out, and ran it for awhile. i noticed it was throwing out a nice amount of heat out of the vents, wasnt anywhere close to over heating, not even at the halfway point, yet my lower radiator hose was cold as hell??? is this normal in these cars? thanks in advance for any input.any questions feel frere to ask

Samurai_Blue

Yolo Whippin'
at operating temprature the upper and lower radiator hose should be hot as the thermostat should be open. Having the thermostat opened means coolant is circulating through the motor and returning via the lower radiator hose. The heater is controled by the heater core and that may not have been getting enough warm coolant to go through it.

DustinXIX

that was my thinking about it also. but if it isnt circulating right then why isnt it overheating?

DustinXIX

so your thinking that the heater coor itself may have a clot in it?

DustinXIX

lol good point. i did run it for about 40 mins tho. i wouldve thought that that would be enough time. ill take a closer look at it today tho.

DustinXIX

well turns out my problem is my radiator is plugged up. a friend of mine has a radiator for a G3 integra that i could get for real cheap, does anyone know if it will fit into mine? i think he said it was for a DC not 100% sure tho. if not i guess ill just buy a new one. thanks guys !