Question on misalignment....

Shadowwolf

Shadowwolf_DA9
Okay, so i recently replaced some of my front end components (ball joints, axles, tie rods, ect.) and i have everything put back together. My car hasd been sitting in the yard for a couple months, until i fixed it. I took it for a drive to insure that my new axles are functional because my last set failed (thanks NAPA) and i notice that the ride was not as smooth as it was originally. It has alot (ALOT) of vibration, wanders to the right, and it feels as though the left wheel pulls stronger than the right. I still need to get new tires and have the camber and steering aligned.

I was curious to know if the misalignment is the cause behind the vibration and overall rough ride (and the severity it presents.

Any input would be appreciated.

DB8teggy

Sounds like a combination of unaligned steering and wheels that need to be balanced.. Or if vibration only occurs when u hit the brakes, warped rotors.

Last edited:

Shadowwolf

Shadowwolf_DA9
Did you have the car aligned after replacing the parts? And also, could be something that has play still, bushing possibly.. And also, wheels balanced out?
No, i'm going to get new tires place on my rims and have them balanced as well. I just got the proper axle in the mail last night and put it in. I have to take it to get the steering and camber aligned.

bkirshr

User that is Registered
definitely get it aligned. Anytime you do suspension work its a good idea to get it all aligned.

Is the vibration all the time? or just when braking? If its all the time, the alignment should get rid of it, but if it's only when braking, it could be warped rotors.

Nick_C78

Check all of your suspension bolts and joints. Make sure everything is nice and tight. Check your axle nuts and wheel bearings too. Also inspect your tires. You said it sat for months and a tire sitting in one spot for months is never good. And lastly get the damn thing aligned. If you changed that much you really screwed up the alignment so it isnt going to feel right.

Last edited:

Shadowwolf

Shadowwolf_DA9
Alright, that's what i was thinking. i just could not find specific information that could verify this for me.
I replaced the brakes, rotors, and wheel hub bearings too, i figured while i had it apart i might as well replace those old parts.

Last edited:

DB8teggy

I m driving with warped rotors myself, and when turning and braking from higher speeds the vibration can be pretty worrying

pinatigerdc4

Quick question. If I lowered my car and installed a camber kit. Should I get an alignment. Or is it not needed?

Sent from my SGH-T989 using Tapatalk 2

Nick_C78

Quick question. If I lowered my car and installed a camber kit. Should I get an alignment. Or is it not needed?

Sent from my SGH-T989 using Tapatalk 2
Yes, you need an alignment. Lowering the car and messing with camber messes with your toe.