question regarding hydraulic clutch in GS-R transmission

imcnblu

Resident G2 Guru of C-I
I'm doing a B18C swap, with LSD transmission in my DA. The motor is NOT in the car yet, so this is why I'm asking now, instead of later. I will be using the Innovative Cable-to-Hydro conversion kit (the mechanical kit, not the full hydraulic conversion) and I have encountered what seems like it could be a major issue. To be clear, this is a hydraulic transmission, being used in a cable transmission car.

not sure what it's called, (release fork, maybe?) but the lever that operates the clutch on the transmission (that protrudes out of the case) is doing something weird. When I removed the hydraulic setup, I checked the play on the lever, and when I push the lever back (as if I was depressing the clutch), it goes back fine, but doesn't automatically retract back to the original position. Is this normal? I'd hate to be driving, push in the clutch, and when I let the clutch out, the clutch not engage due to the lever not coming back to its natural "resting" position.
Make sense? is this normal because the car isn't under load or being driven? or is it faulty?

Dboy

Big Daddy
this is just a guess but it sounds like maybe there might be air in your clutch lines did u bleed them?

Cripton805

I say avoid the Cable to Hydro all together...

Get a JDM B16 Cable tranny with LSD. It will also be way cheaper and easier.
I hear bad things about those cable to hydro conversions & the B16 short geared will be beastly.

Rich-PMS

i read nothing but bad things with the cable-hydro conversions- that's exactly why i'm sticking to cable with my swap.

buy you more than likely have air in your hydrolic system.