question

teggyls

STREET SAMURAI
so my idle is pretty shitty and from what i've been told i believe i need valve lash adjustment on my car what do u guys think any other suggestions would be greatly appriciated

Sirfallsalot243

A valve adjustment shouldnt effect your idle. Youll just hear the valves ticking at low rpm. As for your idle, what is it doing? Bouncing around? If so, how bad? Is it really low? Really high? Sputtery/cough like? Hows it run above idle? Any recent work done to the car? If not, when did this problem start? Does it do it in all types of weather?

Theres a ton of missing information that makes it impossible to give you any advice at this point.

teggyls

STREET SAMURAI
well i just got my o2 sensor changed but the idle has been sputering for a little while its kind of hard to explain on here it sounds like its skipping or misfiring i know its not the plugs and wires those are fairly new well the plugs are brand new the idle can be wierd sometimes it will sit steady around 800-900 rmp then drop down to 500-650 and jump around, if you listen at the exhaust tip its like a sputter or misfire tho i was just wondering what could help fix it

Sirfallsalot243

Has anyone fucked with your timing? My timing belt was off a tooth and it sounded just like youre describing. Other than that, check your plugs- see how they look.

teggyls

STREET SAMURAI
i got my timing belt done back in oct and it started sometime after that maybe thats the problem

Sirfallsalot243

That would be my guess. I noticed it immediatly after my timing belt was done on my B18B. I never bothered to get it fixed because I swapped in a B18C1, but id bet thats whats going on for you.

teggyls

STREET SAMURAI
damn well im gonna have to get it checked out cause it really sucks dealin with this problem lemme tell you

teggyls

STREET SAMURAI
ya my idle sucks but it feels like suttin is missin while drivin so idk and my check engine light pops on and off too and the code is misfire on all cylinders

dc2GS-R

Super Moderator
Maybe it still has something to do with your o2 sensor. Pull your plugs and take a good look at them to see if it is running too rich or lean or any signs of detonation which will cause you ECU to pull timing

teggyls

STREET SAMURAI
well i took out my dizzy and it was shot so i just replaced that i gotta check my timing tho but i have no light its still haven a funky idle alot less then it was be4 and the plugs and wires are good so im at a stand still here no ideas