questions about battery relocation

dnaDC2

ok so i have a 01 dc2 and dude before me did a full tuck...anyways its always had a slow time starting and i found the culprit to be half a** splices in the battery relocation so ima tear it out and redo it...i cant find diagrams or pictures anywere on wiring...my fuse block is under pass. dash i notice to battery wires to two diff terminals...starting over how do i wire it straight to starter and altenator what wires go to fuse block..and i dont want a switch ill get a inlince fuse what size should it be...if anyone has pictures itd be great..im not very good at skematics so take it easy on me please lol

DC2MAN1119

Dude. There's a wire from the fuse box to the battery. I have a wire from my fuse box to my starter. And your alternator is in your harness and runs through your fuse box. Its one wire. Just follow the one already layed out and get better wire and do it in one long wire no splices.

Sent from my M9300 using Tapatalk

dnaDC2

so one from battery to fuse block and one out of fuse block to starter then ground...thats it? what about a fuse between battery and fuse block

dnaDC2

does anyone have a diagram.....

so ima go from battery to fuse block...and fuse block to starter...? do i have to do anything with altenator?

or can i go straight from battery to starter?

sorry for dum ?s jus dont wanna fry anything and i really dont know much about skematics

Tam4511

CI BOOST FIEND
The battery cable goes into 2 wires, one goes to the under hood fuse box and one goes directly to the starter. It's pretty simple.

Last edited:

Prozon

Kris
Exactly. Not sure what the problem is. Power goes to the fuse block so it can be distributed from there, and power goes to the starter so when the signal wire is activated- it will power the starter.

One hot wire to the fuse block from the battery- no fuse.
One hot wire to the starter from the battery- no fuse.

What's the issue?

dnaDC2

lol no no...in my fuse block there is two connections....does it matter which one battery positive goes too

dnaDC2

i know were the ground goes..but do i run two wires from battery positive...one direct to starter and one to fuse block...or just one to the fuse block...if so does it matter which connection in the fuse block there is two in mine?

imcnblu

Resident G2 Guru of C-I
post a pic of the connections. Then, we'll point out exactly where they NEED to go.

tilegend

to clear things up a bit the stock battery positive cable connects to "T1" in the picture and also the starter.
"t102" will connect to the alternator of course.

now you didnt mention where the battery was relocated to, so if it is actually in the trunk there should be a fuse in place as close to the battery as possible.

and if you determine that you need a fuse you'll need to properly choose one depending of the rating of the wire

dnaDC2

thanks a ton man the icture helped..yes my battery is in the trunk ...will 4 ga be good enough or should i use 2