Questions about GSR shell

Easyslider01

I was looking a a gsr shell with a jdm conversion and I was wondering if the price he was askin was to high? He wants 4250 for it. It has full interior, and suspension, but the outside is beat up. It has a couple of dents around the passenger side front panel quarter panel and near the gas cap. I was just wondering if this price was too much, cuz one of my friends said it should cost no more than 2500?

[img=http://img396.imageshack.us/img396/3209/teg30pl.th.jpg]

eshack.us/img396/2015/teg120jy.th.jpg[/IMG][/URL]

Ominous G2

┌∩┐(◣_◢)┌∩┐
I think with the ITR front it would cost a little more, but I dont think its worth $4250. You will need a new piece around the shifter with that big ass hole. Might have to buy new rotors, those are looking pretty bad. You will have to do something with those tail lights, painted reverse lights dont go over well with inspection or the cops. That JDP lip looks beat to hell. I think you could talk him down.

b18c1teg

Honestly I wouldn't pay anymore than $3,500 , the JDM front end is pricey in itself but you never pay full price for a shell of a car. I just picked up an LS shell for $1,500 which is identical to that without the conversion. Like Ominous said, try to talk him down.

Matticus

Go over the core support with a fine tooth comb. If it has a salvage title, its not worth anything close to 4250. I personally wouldnt pay more than 2500 for it. I paid 1600 for my 94 LS shell in prefect condition (as far as looks goes aka long story)

Easyslider01

Thanks guys when I go look at the car I will look over the car carefully and have my friend look over it too! Are there any questions I should ask him? I know I should ask him if it has a clean title and all the paper work, but is there anything else?

cabezzzdb8

BBS wanted
looks like a lot of work but cant beat the JDM front and the gsr blades.. but thats the fun of it. (AGAIN MAKE SURE IT DOESNT HAVE A FLOOD TITLE OR REBUILD..PAIN IN THE ASS)

Regulator23

u could buy a clean titled gsr for 5000-6500....4200 for a shell that needs work...no way.....ur better off buying a gsr or a ls and doin the jdm conversion for that price... :-\

Melt

the lone outdoorsman
so is it a SHELL? or does it have a motor

if it has a motor thats a fine price it only has 101k miles on it

if it doesnt ... i wouldnt pay more than 1k but thats just me.

Easyslider01

Melt said:
so is it a SHELL? or does it have a motor

if it has a motor thats a fine price it only has 101k miles on it

if it doesnt ... i wouldnt pay more than 1k but thats just me.
Nope. It is just a shell it needs a motor, tranmission, and Map Sensor. If I couldn't talk him down I was just goin to buy a some inexpensive integra next.

cabezzzdb8

BBS wanted
youre a lucky guy thought,, I wish I could find a g3 shell like that and start from scratch.. 2g max for that one thought :lol:

Matticus

Easyslider01 said:
Nope. It is just a shell it needs a motor, tranmission, and Map Sensor. If I couldn't talk him down I was just goin to buy a some inexpensive integra next.
your right if it doesnt have a motor, then it doesnt have a map sensor :lol: , anyway, is he giving you the shift linkage, motor mounts (both peices to the rear mount), torque mounts, ac compressor with it hooked up, radiator (with the rubber stoppers), ps with it hooked up, throttle cable, etc. Make sure you get a few of these parts, because they are a bitch to find sometimes. Check the suspension, check the main harness under the hood and under the dash, put a battery on it to see if everything works, lights, horn, the blower for ac and heater etc. If it had/has an alarm make sure to not only get the transmitor for it but the instructions. Pull the trunk mat out and check in the bottem of the trunk for rust/holes etc.

Ive been down this road a few times, trust me, its no fun to have a good looking car that is a peice of shit.

Matticus

Looks like the shift linkage comes with it, cuz its under the car. I think I would pay 2500 for it (max, low ball the shit outta him). The inside looks clean other than the hole next to the shifter. Looks like it will clean up nicely.

Do you have any under hood pics? Or can you get some?

Easyslider01

Matticus said:
Looks like the shift linkage comes with it, cuz its under the car. I think I would pay 2500 for it (max, low ball the shit outta him). The inside looks clean other than the hole next to the shifter. Looks like it will clean up nicely.

Do you have any under hood pics? Or can you get some?
I can try to get some and post them!

Hope I can get him down to 2500, cuz he wanted 4250 firm!!