Quick Advice Needed.

Suprman91

"Zip-Tie-It!" - Wisdom
Sup dudes!
I had a question about installing an aftermarket steering wheel.
I gave my friend 20$ and a burger combo for his extra Type R replica steering wheel, and a JDM sport quick release.
I've been told that I'm missing one piece, I believe its called the "short hub" (correct me if im wrong.)

The box the quick release came with said it was recommended to be installed professionaly, but to be honest, it doesn't look that hard.

I want to know if I have all the pieces i need, or if in fact im missing that short hub thing.
And how hard it really is to install it.

Heres what I have so far:
-Steering Wheel.
-JDM quick release.

mjones73

From what I can tell, the short hub is the piece that bolts on in place of the old wheel that you then attach the quick release hub to. So yeah, unless your quick release is splined to go right on the steering shaft, you need the short hub too...

Suprman91

"Zip-Tie-It!" - Wisdom
Yeah, I believe your right. I cant see where the quick release would grip the stem to turn the steering column. My friends advice me to get the NRG short hub, but its 100$ fuck it i guess. cant really find any other cheap ones.

Joshmmc

Go to Autozone or whatever. All you need is a hub converter for a DC. I was quoted $30 by a local shop.