quick progress thread - gt35r ls vtec

rwlsvtec_03

Where did you get that piece right there?...
Get In The Zone, AUTO ZONE! But if you would like to buy one for cheaper I am sure you can get it from JEGS. The actual drain is from ebay and it is cheap but good quality. I actually ported it to match the
gasket and turbo.

rwlsvtec_03

bottom end is doing too well

Bearings are pulling apart I will find out soon if there is any bad damage.

Here's some recent pictures anyway maybe I will post the meth set up tonight.

a few with my 240sx sr20

Don't forget to comment.

CARLROSA1

Great set up man... I need to learn more about boosted cars so i can get mine looking like that

rwlsvtec_03

Great set up man... I need to learn more about boosted cars so i can get mine looking like that
Don't do it. I have gone through a rediculous amount of money and everytime something is supposed to go right I spend more money and shit still goes wrong. Fresh bottom end and bearings are going with only 250 miles on it. Buy a sr20, mine treats me amazing with exception of idle air control valve. If I can't replace the bearing without completely tearing the motor apart the turbo and meth etc. is going on the 240.

KiNGKAOS

I just got done readin' this entire thread... I gotta say man u've gone thru alot of sh!t with this build! Props 2 u for stickin' thru wit it, N havin a wallet 2 do so lol

I'm lookin' at a GT35R tomorrow 2 buy for my '91 DA. I'm just gonna buy all the parts little at a time as my funds allow me 2..

reg_lus

Bearings are pulling apart I will find out soon if there is any bad damage.

Here's some recent pictures anyway maybe I will post the meth set up tonight.

a few with my 240sx sr20

Don't forget to comment.

how did you cut your bumoer like that..looks hella nice

rwlsvtec_03

how did you cut your bumoer like that..looks hella nice
Well I started off by cutting enough space out of the back of the bumper to fit the intercooler and once it was mounted it just didn't look massive enough. I marked directly at the top of my lisence plate mounts then marked exactly at the edge of the core then proceeded to use painters tape to make sure the line up looked correct then used a thin cut grinder wheel and went to town. Because of the heat made with the wheel it didn't chip any paint just melted through smooth and nice.

rwlsvtec_03

I just got done readin' this entire thread... I gotta say man u've gone thru alot of sh!t with this build! Props 2 u for stickin' thru wit it, N havin a wallet 2 do so lol

I'm lookin' at a GT35R tomorrow 2 buy for my '91 DA. I'm just gonna buy all the parts little at a time as my funds allow me 2..
Thanks man, appreciate it. The wallet takes time considering I am not loaded and food was slimmed down so I could buy more parts along with not paying for anything else. 35R is a very good turbo but if you don't need that much power you can get something much smaller. You can make over 600whp with that turbo.
And yeah I have gone through so much sh*t with this build it is rediculous but what else there to look forward to? Nothing. From the words of Joe Dirt "Gotta keep on keepin on". Always got to have something to look forward to regardless of what happens keep it goin. I have wanted to parts this car out so many times it is crazy. Now with my motor only having 250 miles on it I have to replace the fuck*ing bearings but what else is there to do but fix it and move forward?.. good luck with your build.

rwlsvtec_03

^^ congratz lol
Thank you. 24psi does wonderful things. Getting a few parts for her today and tomorrow.. ati harmonic balancer, cusco coilovers, and ebc brakes all around. Looking forward to Cooling Mist CMGS2 methanol kit and 29 psi along with a fresh tune and a 300zx tt LSD.