quick response please

TypeR?

i just put a new clutch in and everything was aligned right,new throw out bearing and everything and when i turn the car on it wont go in gear but if the car is off it goes in gear fine. ive bled the clutch a shit load already and now it goes in gear but not easily.
do i just have to keep bleeding it or what is the problem?????

8urcivic

ONLY couches pull out!!!!
i just put a new clutch in and everything was aligned right,new throw out bearing and everything and when i turn the car on it wont go in gear but if the car is off it goes in gear fine. ive bled the clutch a shit load already and now it goes in gear but not easily.
do i just have to keep bleeding it or what is the problem?????
one u shouldnt have to bleed it.....if u just disconnected the slave cylinder when u pulled the trans...it should have been fine.
two why did u replace it? are u sure u had a clutch problem and not a trans prob?

Cheesenip

I <3 2.4l's
it sounds like sycho problems. I had a parts car that did that, torn it down and turns out it was a tranny problem

TypeR?

yeah it was a clutch problem. i took it out and the springs were fuxored!

TypeR?

one u shouldnt have to bleed it.....if u just disconnected the slave cylinder when u pulled the trans...it should have been fine.two why did u replace it? are u sure u had a clutch problem and not a trans prob?
thats what i thought too.

a friend of mine told me i put it in backwards but there is really only one way that the clutch will fit?

posHonda

Yea its possible to put the clutch disk on the wrong way. Even if you could skip out on bleeding out the clutch, you might as well just bleed it out now. Its not a big deal.

dc2GS-R

Super Moderator
Try adjusting the clutch engagement point

TypeR?

a new clutch master&slave cylinder later and its fixed finally!!!!! there was air being sucked back into the lines when i was trying to bleed the system due to a bad clutch master cylinder which was probably the reason for the clutch to give out also. thanks for all the help ci :thumbup:

Last edited: