Quote question

95GSR21

I got quoted $825 to install my clutch, flywheel, motor mounts, lcas, and muffler. Expensive, cheap, reasonable? LMK

DaddyBuiltRacing

Resident Asshole
Most shops charge 75-100 bucks an hour. They will have a couple hours in the clutch alone, prob hour in the rear LCA's (bolts are always seized), hour in the mounts maybe longer....

SexySSBP

Kwicherbichen
That price seems maybe a little high, but doesn't shock me, that's a lot of stuff there. That's the driving force for me not taking my car to a shop for anything...cost, and the fact I don't trust most shops. My best friend is a mechanic and I only have him assist me if anything :) I like knowing EXACTLY what was done.

96GSRteg

Tyler
That price seems maybe a little high, but doesn't shock me, that's a lot of stuff there. That's the driving force for me not taking my car to a shop for anything...cost, and the fact I don't trust most shops. My best friend is a mechanic and I only have him assist me if anything :) I like knowing EXACTLY what was done.
i do the same thing. anything beyond my skills (nothing more than the basics) and i call my friend who helps me out.

but that price does seem a little high. if its a reliable shop that you know does quality work, it would be worth it.

95GSR21

yeah the shop has a good reputation. I want to call around and get some more estimates. I cant do any work myself, i have 2 herniated discs in my back.

96GSRteg

Tyler
yeah the shop has a good reputation. I want to call around and get some more estimates. I cant do any work myself, i have 2 herniated discs in my back.
ouch, that sucks bud. I would suck it up and pay that shop if you know they are going to do a good job.

95GSR21

^^lol yeah lets start a club! lol jk..but yeah man im going to call a few more shops and see what i can do

eiznekeM

Shops gotta pay rent, bills and payroll....thats why they charge so much
This is true. I just hate how when I'm done school, the shop will charge a hundred an hour to the customer for me, and I might make twenty five to thirty.

Edit: I support the idea to get a few more quotes, you will probably find a cheaper place. But go with trust>price.

DaddyBuiltRacing

Resident Asshole
Yeah but think about it, they charge 100 per hour, pay you 25, they are down to 75 bucks, figure in rent for the shop which if its decent size is 700-1500 a month, then insurance, workers comp, utilities, plus they gotta make something themselves. Not to mention if they have 3-5 employees, that 100 an hour is paying their wages...

From a business standpoint owning a shop really isn't that great. From a hobbiest standpoint owning a shop sounds like a grand idea lol

WAR 178

Premium User
way too high....but not insane.
Those shops have good tools, compressors,etc.... those things speed up the process and if they are used to messing with honda/acuras...the things you listed are actually pretty straight forward.
I figure at a tuner shop, performance shop they can do all of that stuff for like $500....
G/L

eiznekeM

Yeah but think about it, they charge 100 per hour, pay you 25, they are down to 75 bucks, figure in rent for the shop which if its decent size is 700-1500 a month, then insurance, workers comp, utilities, plus they gotta make something themselves. Not to mention if they have 3-5 employees, that 100 an hour is paying their wages...

From a business standpoint owning a shop really isn't that great. From a hobbiest standpoint owning a shop sounds like a grand idea lol
Great point dude, rep.