R134 air conditioning removal to take out idler bolt

money

how can i remove the coolant from the a/c system? im wanting to do this so i can remove the compressor. the reason why is because my air condition belt idler broke because the bolt snapped somehow and the idler fell off so the bottom half of the bolt is still in the mount, and the mount looks like its in the compressor mount housing or whatever its called, i want to take it out so i can drill the idler bolt out.

i hope that makes sense

thanks if i can get help please

SeanDA9

You can go to any local auto parts store or a auto shop and have them evacuate your a/c system. That would be the proper way. Or you can follow the a/c lines from the compressor and find the high side and low side fittings they are big "nipples" protruding from the a/c line may or may not have a cap on it. Get some gloves safety glasses and a small screw driver and push on the middle of the fitting and it should start to release the pressure/r134. Do it to both sides of the system. (Follow each line coming from the compressor). Note:High side will be releasing some vapor/fluid and low side will be just gas. Once you feel it is all done you can disconnect the lines from the compressor but be aware that it may not be fully depressurized and may give off some more vapor and or gas.
All in all I would just get it evacuated. It's safer and better for the environment. And less potential of damaging any a/c components.

money

any others have ideas and stuff for removing the idler broken idler bolt?

SeanDA9

It's going to cost in the 100 dollar range. Either way its going to cost to have your system recharged with labor. And as for the bolt if its broken and you cant get any type of needle nose pliers to turn it, your going to have to drill it out or use an extractor set.

money

thats alot ' and yeah but i probably have to take the mount out to get a drill on it -.-